Hispanolan Amazon temperament

Welcome to the forums!

As far as I can tell, they’re quite rare in captivity. Surprisingly though I did find a few sites that talked about their care etc.

Thank you for replying, I have a young Hispanolan Amazon being delivered to me as we speak. Unfortunately my bird is trapped in its carrier for over 24 hours now because the airlines computer system are all down and shipments are all delayed! It could be close to 48 hours before I get the bird home to Texas from Illinois, I hope the bird will be OK ,I'm trying not to be a nervous wreck 😬! Does anyone have an idea how long an Amazon can last in a shipping crate without its original food and water supply ??

Hopefully this has all been straightened out, and your 'zon is at your home and getting settled in.

Hopefully this has all been straightened out, and your 'zon is at your home and getting settled in.
Unfortunately my baby's Still in Atlanta Airport with an ETA of 12:28 due in Dallas. She was put on the plane out of Chicago at 4:15 am Saturday morning and it's 9:30 Monday morning here in Texas, fingers crossed, ps prayers welcome 🙏

Thank you so much, I finally got her home around 7:00 pm Central time.I have never been so relieved to see a parrot, not even when I had a couple of them escape in the neighborhood 😀 . She was just fine and seemed to settle in pretty quickly with my flock and her new surroundings. I can't wait to get off work and check her out properly. Thanks for the good wishes 🙏

20240722_174719.jpg

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back