Helpp!!! Can new furniture kill birds??

Aisha Nishat

Sep 30, 2024
Bangladesh
Parrots
Cockatiel, Budgie
Hello, I bought a new almirah 2 weeks ago and my bird cage is located near that almirah. It's been 2 weeks. I have 2 cockatiels and 1 budgie. Should I worry about anything?

Attachments

• 20240917_172202.jpg
    20240917_172202.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240928_151414.jpg
    20240928_151414.jpg
    280 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240928_151741.jpg
    20240928_151741.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Aww beautiful birds! Your budgie looks like my Otto's twin!
I wouldn't worry unless the furniture has a smell to it or they chew on it.

Last edited:
Aww beautiful birds! You budgie looks like my Otto's twin!
I wouldn't worry unless the furniture has a smell to it or they chew on it.
Yeah it smells bad and It makes my eyes burn when I open the almira. Otherwise the smell is less. The windows and the door of my room are always open. I don't know if that helps. I'm really worried.

Yeah it smells bad and It makes my eyes burn when I open the almira. Otherwise the smell is less. The windows and the door of my room are always open. I don't know if that helps. I'm really worried.
I'd move the birds to a different room if you can to be safe. Or move the new furniture somewhere it can air out.

Some new furniture is terribly smelly. It’s probably the varnish. If it makes your eyes water, it needs to be quarantined. I would move it into the garage for a month to let it off-gas for your and your birds’ sake.

Some new furniture is terribly smelly. It’s probably the varnish. If it makes your eyes water, it needs to be quarantined. I would move it into the garage for a month to let it off-gas for your and your birds’ sake.
Moving the birds cage elsewhere would be best. I can't move the heavy almirah alone into the garage🙂

You could try putting a box of baking soda or a filter of fresh coffee grounds inside the furniture to help eliminate some odor. But definitely move your babies to another room, their respiratory system is so sensitive.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back