Help asap😂

Lucky2016

Sep 7, 2024
Media
Albums
Parrots
Blue crown conure
Hello everyone so I have a 4 month old blue crown conure and I need help. My conure claws are getting very serious I don't know what to do. If anyone can give me an idea and the price to it too if anyone can kindly give me some answers will be very helpful ☺️ 🙏 God bless ur parrot souls ❤️

A vet or other expert can trim nails...
Certified Avian Vets
If none are near you...
Avian Veterinarians
In my opinion, any of the vets listed here should be better than a regular vet.
International contacts, too.
If none are near you, maybe you could call and ask for a recommendation for somebody in your area.
And... sometimes, distant vets will offer brief thoughts or advice...

Also, for a long-term solution...
My usual narrative...
I really recommend getting those nail-trimming perches... they can eliminate nail-trimming, which was always so stressful for me and the Rb. It took a few years, but I eventually established a pattern/rotation that keeps him trimmed. I haven't had to do his nails in 20-plus years. I keep a dowel as the main "highway" down the middle of the cage, but the special cement/trimmer/textured perches are all over.
A few brands... but there are many: Polly's Sand Walk... Pumice Perch... Trimmer Perch...
Be sure to introduce them gradually: they're abrasive to their tender feet at first. I LOVE them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
These are smooth on top and abrasive underneath. Very easy to install/clean, too.
May take a while to get the right combinations/locations, but was worth it for me and the Rb.

Most Reactions

Back