Favoring and tucking foot Urgent?

Flapjack

Nov 10, 2023
Parrots
Green cheek conure
Hi all,

I got my girls nails trimmed on Friday last week and they cut multiple quicks, which i understand as Kure is a small bird, but I am worried about her behavior now. Last night and this morning she has been tucking one of her feet a lot more than normal, she did this immediately after the vet appointment but stopped shortly after so I am not sure why she started again. I have looked at both feet closely and I can’t find any cuts, swelling, or any other injuries. Could this still be from the nail trim? She still will put weight on it but is definitely favoring it. I lost a Guinea pig to bumble foot before and am paranoid this is the beginning of it. I am currently cleaning all of her perches to avoid infection just in case. Any insight or advice would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_6755.jpeg

Could her foot be swollen and I just can’t tell? The one she is tucking is the one on the right side of the picture (her left foot)

now that I am looking at it her foot might be swollen a a bit around the “ankle?” Could it be broken? She is still jumping around on things but as soon as she stops she tucks it.

I don't have an answer but hopefully my comment will bump your post back up so others notice it.
Thanks a ton, I think it is alright though because she seems to be favoring it a lot less today. I think she either got a minor injury from playing or it was from the nail trim.

I'm so sorry. I know you're worried!

Will this help?
Most of us swear by our avian vets in the event of health concerns.
Certified Avian Vets
If none are near you...
Avian Veterinarians
In my opinion, any of the vets listed here should be better than a regular vet.
International contacts, too.

I'm so sorry. I know you're worried!

Will this help?
Most of us swear by our avian vets in the event of health concerns.
Certified Avian Vets
If none are near you...
Avian Veterinarians
In my opinion, any of the vets listed here should be better than a regular vet.
International contacts, too.
Thank you!

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back