Cooking for Pixels, and (extremely blurry) photos of Pixel flying

HalfInsane

Dec 23, 2011
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Pixel: female senegal, hatched Dec 15, 2011
I've been feeling a bit run down lately between working full time and doing correspondence courses after an academic hiatus of two years, so I decided to save myself some time in the long run and make a giant batch of birdy chow complete with kale, bell peppers, broccoli, apple, green beans, carrots, peas, corn, quinoa, millet, flax, mixed beans, and oatmeal! My friend commented my house smells like a pet store now. So. That's good I guess?

Naturally, Pixel was very helpful (she stole things while I wasn't looking):

IMG_1239_zps098941db.jpg

IMG_0881_zps834bbba5.jpg

I ended up with a LOT more food than I anticipated. Thank goodness for freezers and zip-lock bags

IMG_7478_zpsc82dec8d.jpg

IMG_6340_zps2b207c0c.jpg

Pixel chowing down:

IMG_5378_zpsbfb2f85a.jpg

Pixel has also grown a lovely new set of flight feathers and is on her way to becoming an excellent little flyer! I, on the other hand, have a long way to go before I could hope to get a picture of her in flight. Here are my sad attempts:

IMG_0412_zps0deeda2e.jpg

IMG_0413_zps6791d9ac.jpg

IMG_0415_zpse4f3c938.jpg

Lots of room for improvement on my end... :rolleyes:. All the same, I'm so proud of her! She's getting quite good at her recall, too.

The last 2 pictures are incredible.Amazing you could capture that ,bird calender worthy. Just started the freezing thing myself. You just cook up the oatmeal and put it in?

The last 2 pictures are incredible.Amazing you could capture that ,bird calender worthy. Just started the freezing thing myself. You just cook up the oatmeal and put it in?

Well thank you :). And yup, I actually threw the quinoa, millet, and oatmeal all in the same pot and cooked them together (hurray for shortcuts). I use steel cut oats though, so you can't really get away with throwing them in raw.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back