Collar for a Green cheek?

SpicyBeak

Jun 22, 2023
Parrots
2 GCCs
HI all, I have a 13-year-old greencheek who has been plucking for the past 2 years. I'm looking for advice on a place to buy a pre-made collar that will fit her. Anyone have a good source for one? She's so little and I don't want to get her one that won't fit.

For context, she's healthy, flighted, gets lots of vet checkups, has tons of enrichment and bird companionship, is out a lot of the day (I work from home), and eats a good balanced diet of Roudybush, Bird Street Bistro, and fresh veg and fruit, plus foraging treats. I've tried Lupron (since the plucking coincided with her first and only egg), Gaba, Fluoxetine, changing her lighting in every possible way, white noise, removing her hut, adding and removing shreddable toys, etc etc. So at this point I think it's a self-sustaining habit. I know that a collar might not fix things but I'm at the end of my rope and I think it's worth a try. I'm grateful for your help!

Last edited:
I wish I knew of actual shops, but I've heard there's places on Etsy that make custom bird collars. My conure, Charlie, plucks, so I feel both your pain. It's so frustrating when you find them looking a bit bald :(

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back