Chicky the Sun Conure and Us

monica

Jun 10, 2011
Chicky was given to me 2 years ago by a couple that was tired of his screaming. He is a youngish male.
In short, he loves me and loathes my 14 year old son. I keep his wings clipped (or else Chicky would "swoop" my son). When my son gets near him, Chicky squats down and sways back and forth, shaking. We call it his "war dance". I take him into every room with me (including the shower - which he loves) to: 1) keep his screaming to a minimum & 2) to keep him company while I can, when I'm not at work - I know birds can go bananas if they get lonely.
How can I make the bird like my son?? I've tried having my son wear a leather glove (so it wouldn't hurt when he bites) but Chicky scrambled up his arm and when straight for his neck! Help!!

:orange:

Hi l feel so bad for your son , now this is just a shot in the dark but l am guessing having had the bird so long your son has tried spending time , ( talking feeding ect so what if you take time out let him feed the bird ( using his gloves place bird harness & LED on bird so when he walks around your home your bird will be more controlled so it will stay on his covered arm while watching T.V. ect l am wondering if in a few weeks time he will befriend your son instead of being jealous. Lots of luck..

go on youtube and search for the power pause technique, there should be a few vids. But I don't know how well this wil work since Chicky has already klnown your son for two weeks

Actually, I forgot about this clip, it's a great one that i think sounds fitting

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkI9PvOsjS0&feature=related]Building Trust With Your Bird - YouTube[/ame]

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back