Calming Crackers

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
Sun Conure: Charlie (male)
I just gave Nico some calming crackers that I seen online when I was googling feather plucking. I randomly do this to see if something new came about that helps with feather plucking behavior now & then. You never know maybe one day there will be a resolution.

Anyways these calming crackers really affect Nico. It doesnā€™t to me seem like heā€™s ā€œsickā€. He honestly seems ā€œdrunkā€ or ā€œhighā€. He eats more than usual after having a calming cracker as well. His stepping up abilities are interesting. He wants to step up but it appears like he canā€™t decide with which claw. Eventually hours later he goes back to himself.

Does anyone have any experience with these calming crackers? It looks like natural ingredients. I donā€™t understand why heā€™d be affected to this extent.

Could you maybe post pictures and say what brand they are?
Iā€™ve not heard of calming crackers, I have seen some on a few organic bird sites though.

Could you maybe post pictures and say what brand they are?
Iā€™ve not heard of calming crackers, I have seen some on a few organic bird sites though.
IMG_0008.png

I would listen to your instincts. You know your bird. If something seems off, I would probably discontinue it.
Thank you, I'm hoping someone else has tried these as well. They do in a way calm Nico. It's very temporary though.

If he's eating anything that is designed for parrots I've made progress with him. I think, or assume his previous owners fed him people food based upon how he acts when he sees it. Especially potato chips. He will get rather aggressive over potato chips.

Most Reactions

Back