Cage Advice

Jacob1302

Jan 11, 2022
Parrots
Pearly Conure
Hello,

I have a Pearly Conure, and since the day I got him he has had a very large cage, I purchased it from a local bird rescue. When I purchased it the owner of the place told me that its big enough that I could comfortably house 2 or 3 conures in it, the space that the birds have access to (like the space inside the cage) is 23 inches deep by 32 inches wide by 32 inches tall. I recently finished post secondary and have begun a new job, which is resulting in me being home much less than before, as such I want to get a new cage on the main floor, so he can be with my dogs and any family members that are home. I found this one and am just wondering if it will be good, size and material wise.

Amazon.ca

(If you don't want to click the link its the

Yaheetech 69-inch Wrought Iron Rolling Large Parrot Bird Cage for African Grey Small Quaker Amazon Parrot Cockatiel Sun Parakeet Green Cheek Conure Dove Lovebird Budgie Play Top Bird Cage with Stand )

Thanks in advance

For a single conure. Looks decent size to me.

Size is fine. Please read some of the 1 star and 2 star comments. Also, the bar spacing at .700 inch (17.7mm) might be too wide for a conure. Depends on the conure, a bigger one will have no problems, A smaller specimen, like a small male or a female, could get their head stuck.

yeah thats pretty good for a conure.....maybe even luxury

I have this cage, and really like it. Is a lot of space for toys, perches and it has little top-holders to keep them from flipping the food/water dishes out.

Here's some pics of my guy on top of it...sadly don't have a full view of him it, but maybe help you with bar size.

Good luck :)

Attachments

• 20240608_182636.jpg
    20240608_182636.jpg
    297.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 20240608_183132.jpg
    20240608_183132.jpg
    382.9 KB · Views: 11
I have this cage, and really like it. Is a lot of space for toys, perches and it has little top-holders to keep them from flipping the food/water dishes out.

Here's some pics of my guy on top of it...sadly don't have a full view of him it, but maybe help you with bar size.

Good luck :)
I have this exact same cage. My conure loves it. Lots of toys in the cage.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back