Brave Little Budgie

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Twinkle is usually the shyest bird in the house. Today she decided to explore and sit still long enough for photos.

Aw, how sweet that is! I'm glad Twinkle is getting brave :D what a little cutie pie!

I thought both your budgies were albino... In the second pic she looks a little colored?

Julie, Twinkle has a pale green sheen on her breast and tummy. If what I've read is accurate, the green color is from bad breeding. Twinkle has pink eyes, but isn't a true albino. Piper has black eyes and is pure white. They are so tiny, they remind me of white mice.

Piper is usually the bravest of the two and that isn't saying a lot. They had a rough start. Straight from an aviary to a pet store where they were being stomped in the floor of a flight cage by about sixty birds, Piper and Twinkle were the only white birds in the cage, a lot of the others were English budgies. I couldn't leave them there. They were wild things for a long time. They are finally a lot calmer and both of them will hop on my finger, but they never stay too long, I'm hoping to change that, but they seem happy.

So Piper is a DEC, Dark Eyed Clear :). Clear body color, but is not an Ino. I think they're a rarer mutation? Those two little budgies were very lucky! I'm so glad you have them.

My Twigs has always been a wild one. His late companion from the same store (bought same time) got fairly tame within 6 months even with minimal handling. Twigs isn't afraid, and will step up to my finger from his cage, but that's the only time. He just prefers to not be handled. He'll often fly by me in the room REALLY close to my head, or actually swipe my hair sometimes. Little brat! I wonder if he's playing or does it as a dominance thing? My Slender Billed Too would touch down on my head then fly off again (blatant disrespect!) but Twigs is so tiny it doesn't matter lol.

Twinkle is SO pretty, Allee! And I love the picture where she's next to Sweet Pea! :smile015: So precious!! :D

Such a beautiful little budgie Allee.

Like Wendy, I love the one of her with Sweet Pea.

Wow Allee, she is so cute and tiny! How lucky those little darlings were that you came in the store!:D

Awww....how adorable! Love those budgies! I just went through all my pics from my bird breeding days (budgies/tiels) as I'm still debating what to get my granddaughter. Looking at pics like yours just makes me want both...lol.

Thanks everyone!

I was very proud of Sweet Pea, she was curious but she was sweet to Twinkle, almost like she was watching out for her tiny friend.

I can't believe how brave Twinkle has become! She looks so gorgeous (and so does Sweet Pea!)

Your budgie is so pretty. I may just get one lol. I have a spare cage that is big enough for one or two budgies. I really love the white and white and black budgies the most.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back