Boomer So Far (Lots of Pics!)

BoomBoom

May 2, 2012
Parrots
Boomer (Sun Conure 9 yrs), Pewpew (Budgie 5 yrs), Ulap (Budgie 2 yrs), Eight & Kiki (Beloved Budgies, RIP)
Hello! Its been a fast, busy, packed couple of weeks for me. Lots of changes, good changes! I thought I'd slow down and share pics of my little buddy who is as of the moment, sleeping on the back of my neck. If you are bored, sit down, relax, get a cup of coffee, because there are lots of photos. I've already trimmed it down by a lot. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Here's some more...

Last edited:
I gave his cage a facelift...

Last edited:
I started taking Boomer in his Pak-o-Bird on long walks down the LA river. It is surprisingly serene. Besides the hawk that sometimes trails us, he seems to enjoy the scenery and the birds. My dream is to someday be able to take him out in his aviator harness. He despises that thing. For now, he can enjoy the outdoors in the big city from the comfort of his backpack.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing! :D I really enjoyed your adorable pics of Boomer. I think he's extremely cute! I like that playstand with lots of perching areas too.

Thank you for sharing those pictures of Boomer. Not only is he a very cute bird but a sweet and well taken care of conure. I am saving up some money (and hoping the price comes down) so I can get Captain Jack one of those backpacks. It you go out hiking with Boomer that backpack is the safest place for him since you have a higher chance of animals such as hawks being around. Captain Jack tolerates his flight harness but he would probably like the backpack better. The main reason I want to get it so I can put him in it on hikes, mountain climbing etc. Right now he goes in our back yard or walks around in town with me and the dog.

Wow, beautiful bird and beautiful cage setup!

Can I ask where you got that Pack a Bird? I would love to do this with my little guy!

Lucky bird! Can you come and give my house a face lift? Nice job on his pen. Beautiful bird

Oh I am in love with Boomer! So totally adorable. The pic with the broccoli and the one of him under the blanket with you are my favorites.

wow! very awesome cage set-up and loved the pictures!! He is living like a prince! ;) Boomer reminds me so much of my Pico...adorable! I am saving up for one of those pak-o-birds! They look awesome!

Always love seeing your pics of Boomer. He is just gorgeous. Georgie used to go out in her little pack with me, and the photos reminded me of her hiking trips with me! She looked at everything in awe.

By the way, Gilbert has that same foraging wheel. What is in yours? I put different treats and nuts and dried fruits in his and he will often go crazy and dump it all out, LOL. Yours looks like some kind of shredding material??

Wonderful !!! Does he like the backpack?

Been a while since I've been here, and pleasantly surprised to see Boomer! Haha I see you sucked it up and got the medium!! I take Kumar for bike rides every day in his....bikes are such a smoother ride. All's you have to do is lift up slightly before bumps and curves, and you will absorb the shock rather than the backpack. A jingle toy at the bottom let you know if you're moving around too much.
Love the makeover...the boomer garden, and cage.
What dimensions are that cage exactly?? I really like it.
Where did you get it?

Wow, beautiful bird and beautiful cage setup!

Can I ask where you got that Pack a Bird? I would love to do this with my little guy!

Thanks! It's called Celltei Pak-O-Bird. You can buy it directly from the manufacture which is what I did. I recommend buying it from a dealer though because there might be a better deal on offer. Just google the name. Good luck!

Always love seeing your pics of Boomer. He is just gorgeous. Georgie used to go out in her little pack with me, and the photos reminded me of her hiking trips with me! She looked at everything in awe.

By the way, Gilbert has that same foraging wheel. What is in yours? I put different treats and nuts and dried fruits in his and he will often go crazy and dump it all out, LOL. Yours looks like some kind of shredding material??

Thanks! I fill the foraging wheel with brown grocery bag which I ran through the shredder (making sure its clean). I add a few amounts of walnuts, almonds and other treats so he can find them when foraging. I do this to regulate his diet so he won't ignore his fruits/veggies/chop mix.

Been a while since I've been here, and pleasantly surprised to see Boomer! Haha I see you sucked it up and got the medium!! I take Kumar for bike rides every day in his....bikes are such a smoother ride. All's you have to do is lift up slightly before bumps and curves, and you will absorb the shock rather than the backpack. A jingle toy at the bottom let you know if you're moving around too much.
Where did you get it?

Daily bike rides! That's dedication. I can only take Boomer out walking on weekends (once or twice a week) because of my schedule. I'd love to be able to take him out more though.

Yeah I contemplated on returning the medium after I found out you got the large. I already made the purchase by that time so it was too late. When his current one breaks, I'm buying large for sure :) Hmmm not sure about the dimensions, I might measure tomorrow when I get a chance. It's a pretty good size though. I got it on a crazy sale at Petco by sheer luck. I've thought about biking to be honest. I just wonder though, won't it make your back go diagonal instead of vertical causing the backpack to tilt?

Last edited:
Where did you get it?

Daily bike rides! That's dedication. I can only take Boomer out walking on weekends (once or twice a week) because of my schedule. I'd love to be able to take him out more though.

Yeah I contemplated on returning the medium after I found out you got the large. I already made the purchase by that time so it was too late. When his current one breaks, I'm buying large for sure :) Hmmm not sure about the dimensions, I might measure tomorrow when I get a chance. It's a pretty good size though. I got it on a crazy sale at Petco by sheer luck. I've thought about biking to be honest. I just wonder though, won't it make your back go diagonal instead of vertical causing the backpack to tilt?

Lol, I have the medium as well. I thought you had the small at first (the "recommend" size) and gave that one to your ex and got the medium?? Didn't you start out with the small?
I don't lean all the way forward when we ride...although I'm sure I'm not perfectly erect either...he's so used to riding he just knows to automatically adjust just as a bird in a tree adjusts to wind moving the branch it's sitting in. It's what comes naturally. I have a small pedi-perch in the upper section, and that's where he usually stays, because of the grip. It also keeps his nails in check with the shifting and balancing. I often hear him back there munching on pellets from his dish while we ride, so balance is never an issue. :)
Your cage makeover looks great! Everything looks so good :)

Most Reactions

Back