Baby cockatiel isn’t growing

ScarlettCrimson

Jul 10, 2024
Parrots
Cockatiels, amazons, Senegal parrot, aratinga, budgies, kakariki, Superb parrot
Hello, I have a problem with my month old cockatiel. He only weights 30 grams. That’s way too small. He looks like baby budgie. I feed him 5-6 times a day. 10% of his weight. He’s digesting great. Food is around 40-41 Celsius. I’m feeding with formula for big parrots. And he’s still not gaining weight. Or yes. But only like 1 gram a day.
Can I help him? Idk what else to do. He’s active, loves food. But way too skinny…
Still hoping he will catch up. It happened to me few months ago with another cockatiel. But he was small to only like 3 weeks. Then he weighted like normal cockatiel. This one is just small. Like really small. I have a 2 weeks old budgie with him and they’re the same size…

I have no expertise, but here's a thread that a lot of people pass around...

I have no expertise, but here's a thread that a lot of people pass around...

Thanks. I know all this…
Plus it’s my own baby.
But thanks for your time :)

Thanks. I know all this…
Plus it’s my own baby.
But thanks for your time :)
he could just have a growth defect, i was hand feeding a macaw baby that ended up having this problem too.
I dont know for sure because i have hand raised plenty of cockatiel babies at work and have never seen this.

he could just have a growth defect, i was hand feeding a macaw baby that ended up having this problem too.
I dont know for sure because i have hand raised plenty of cockatiel babies at work and have never seen this.
And how it ended up? Is the macaw ok?

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back