African Gray 7 week old baby constant squawking

Thank you. A 3 week old baby Grey? It was heart breaking as we were so excited to get a parrot that was properly weaned and happy. Basically I got the old bait and switch. The breeder really was only in it for the money. If I had to do this all over again I would spend the extra couple grand to make sure my baby bird is healthy and happy. Thank you again for the information and trust me... I now have a new found distain for unethical breeders.

its not about anything permanent- it's just about what could happen (if you were even talking to me).

I suggest playing videos of parrots doing normal preening for him too. They learn a lot if feather care from watching. And will help prevent featger destruction behavior later on.

I just wanted to give you guys an update on Rico. It turned out he was just a super greedy bird. I followed the advice about removing the bedding the moment he can perch and he found the little bit of pellets I left for him to sample. That was about 3 weeks ago. He is now 11 weeks old. Once he found the pellets he stopped the constant squawking and has been so much fun since. I'm down to 2 syringe feedings a day and he is eating carrots, sweet potato, peas, and pellets around 3: PM. He is is tipping the scales at 525 grams now. He has been in his temp cage for at least 2 weeks now and his climbing around seems to be improving rapidly. He is still unsteady enough on his feet that it doesn't look like he will be moving into his permanent cage really soon. Other than that he loves to be with my family and he sleeps in my lap daily. He is not attack or biting us so far so that another plus. Thanks for the support guys.... I was honestly almost in tears.... I thought he was suffering and the vet missed something.

I'm late to this thread, but Ireally enjoyed it. I am so very grateful for this site, and for the many generous and supportive members. Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy back in 1984, when I brought the Rb home on a totally absurd impulse buy, I wondered how I would ever keep him alive. I STILL get much-appreciated tips and help here!
Benny, I'm glad you're here!

9lhIlM0.jpg

Most Reactions

Back