1” bar spacing?

francisp

Jan 5, 2024
Parrots
Sun conure, crimson belly conure
I am looking to get a new larger cage to accommodate both my sun and CBC. I’ve been working on getting these two to get along well enough to live together and I think we’re finally ready. My CBC is eager but my sun needed a little convincing.

But looking at cages on the market, it seems like the ones that are as large as I’m hoping to get for them all have 1” spacing. I’ve always thought this was too big for a conure, but im wondering if other folks have experience with this. Am I right in thinking 1” spacing is too big? FWIW, my CBC runs on the small side, so I’m particularly worried it wouldn’t suit her.

Apologies if this post is redundant-I searched previous posts but couldn’t quite find what I was looking for. TIA!

I am looking to get a new larger cage to accommodate both my sun and CBC. I’ve been working on getting these two to get along well enough to live together and I think we’re finally ready. My CBC is eager but my sun needed a little convincing.

But looking at cages on the market, it seems like the ones that are as large as I’m hoping to get for them all have 1” spacing. I’ve always thought this was too big for a conure, but im wondering if other folks have experience with this. Am I right in thinking 1” spacing is too big? FWIW, my CBC runs on the small side, so I’m particularly worried it wouldn’t suit her.

Apologies if this post is redundant-I searched previous posts but couldn’t quite find what I was looking for. TIA!
From the research I did when I was looking to upgrade, it seems that 1 inch is best for larger birds like cockatoos or African greys. Massively frustrating when all you want to do is give them extra space, but I wouldn't go over 5/8ths of an inch for a conure, that's what I have for all of my guys (two 'tiels, a varied lorikeet and a princess parrot). And I would think your Sun would be about the same size as my princess parrot, while your "smaller side" CBC would probably be roughly equivalent with my 'tiels.

From the research I did when I was looking to upgrade, it seems that 1 inch is best for larger birds like cockatoos or African greys. Massively frustrating when all you want to do is give them extra space, but I wouldn't go over 5/8ths of an inch for a conure, that's what I have for all of my guys (two 'tiels, a varied lorikeet and a princess parrot). And I would think your Sun would be about the same size as my princess parrot, while your "smaller side" CBC would probably be roughly equivalent with my 'tiels.
thanks for your input…not what I wanted to hear, but confirming what I already thought, haha.

I have looked as well for larger cage sizes for my conures and I had to have them custom made for the same reason. I used CustomCages.com and I really liked them. There is another company Corners unlimited I think it's called but you can have any size you want made to your specifications. Hope this helps :)

I know I'm Not helping but it's a good Question . Subject . What would be the Spacing for a Senegal ?

I had my green cheeks in a cage that had 3/4” bar spacing. Center to center it was 7/8”. Had no problem whatsoever.

Most Reactions

Back