Need Help!

CakieDD

Apr 1, 2024
Parrots
Budgies and cockatiels
Recently my budgie had a set of babies with my female. He never ever did this before then. The first baby hatched on January 21st. Now all of the time I catch him doing this and since this video I’ve went over his beak to see if anything was on it or in it and his beak has been filed down a pinch. He’s still doing it and I’m concerned if it’s something requiring a vet visit or if anyone could give an explanation before I try to get an appointment!

Attachments

• filtered-DC1E05F4-F2F5-49E2-BEF1-BD5700B830BE.mp4
    2.1 MB

Jcas

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Parrots
Quaker, 2 budgies
His beak does look a little overvgrown. I’ m not positive that would cause this behavior but it might be worth it to get his beak trimmed by a an experienced vet.

Mya the ringneck

Mar 30, 2024
Media
Texas
Parrots
Indian Ringneck(Mya)
African Greys(Curly)(Sydney)
Galah Cockatoo(Max)
Recently my budgie had a set of babies with my female. He never ever did this before then. The first baby hatched on January 21st. Now all of the time I catch him doing this and since this video I’ve went over his beak to see if anything was on it or in it and his beak has been filed down a pinch. He’s still doing it and I’m concerned if it’s something requiring a vet visit or if anyone could give an explanation before I try to get an appointment!
yeah im with Jcas on this one, i think that maybe the beak is a little over grown so maybe try to get it trimmed and if that doesn't work maybe get him checked out

Most Reactions

Latest posts