Need help with a nesting situation

Love My Perch

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Apr 5, 2024
Parrots
Yellow Nape Amazon, Meyerā€™s Parrot, Cockatiel, Parakeets
Hi all, we have four parakeets in a decent sized cage (as well as and Amazon, Meyers and a cockatiel). Yesterday I had a major incident with the keetā€™s, Tiki, Blue Bean, Green Bean (all femaleā€™s) amd Pastel whoā€™s the male. I know Iā€™m doing something wrong so Iā€™m here for advice. I heard a very loud fight happening and ran over to find Tiki on top of Green and apparently winning (Tiki on top). I was able to break it up and Green got out of there and flew down the hall. Then Tiki took after Blue and another battle erupted, this time Tiki drew blood. My wife and I teamed up and finally caught her and removed her to another cage. Iā€™m the past few weeks, Tiki has laid two clutches of about 6 eggs. Blue also laid the same and oddly they both cared for them in the same nesting box (all infertile btw). This time Howe was Grean Brans turn and Tiki wouldnā€™t have. Threw out of the box and clobbered her. I neglected to mention we have one (I know, first mistake?). Tiki WAS finger trained before we added the others slowly.
Also, I pitched all the eggs (infertile). Maybe should pull out the box altogether?
Can anyone offer some suggestions and also what Iā€™m doing wrong (to prevent this again)? Iā€™m sure Iā€™m missing some vital information. Thanks! (Tiki is the pretty whit and Pastel is next to her, very pretty mutation)

Attachments

• IMG_2616.jpeg
    IMG_2616.jpeg
    322.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2617.jpeg
    IMG_2617.jpeg
    154.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2618.jpeg
    IMG_2618.jpeg
    288.3 KB · Views: 3

Most Reactions

Latest posts