insurance?

teanhoneytiel.

Apr 20, 2024
Parrots
2 Cockatiels
Does anyone know any good insurances I could sign my bird up for that could get me coverage today??

my bird is in the vet right now, im probably going to be spending another 3k on her tonight like I did last night- do you guys know of any way to get that covered immediately???? please help

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Does anyone know any good insurances I could sign my bird up for that could get me coverage today??

my bird is in the vet right now, im probably going to be spending another 3k on her tonight like I did last night- do you guys know of any way to get that covered immediately???? please help

To be honest I'm not sure that an insurance company would cover you for this, as they would likely now consider it a "pre-existing" condition, but other members here may have different info on that than me. You could try a company like www.carecredit.com though, they may have a facility where they cover the costs upfront and you pay them off over time. I wish your little hen all the very best and I'm so sorry you're going through this!

hiriki

Oct 19, 2014
Chicago, IL
Parrots
(Birdie - Jenday Conure)
(Kiwi - Green Cheek Conure)
(Elby - Lovebird)
(Gorou - Ringneck Dove)
Yea, I'm very sorry but insurance companies will likely not be willing to underwrite a sick animal, and if you managed to find one willing to insure your bird at all, it would be for an astronomically high price and the stipulation would likely be that they're willing to cover everything except the current health issue, so you'd be in the same boat anyway. Pet insurance has none of the regulations that protect people with preexisting conditions in the people health insurance market.

I second Care Credit as one of the only options you really have on the table right now. It's a financing card for health purchases. There's a few other companies that offer similar options, but it depends on the vet to accept those financing plans so call your vet before opening a card with anyone.

Most Reactions

Latest posts