Need advice as to what to do over bite

Honeybunny

Mar 31, 2024
Parrots
Lovebird
Quaker Parrot
Double Yellow Headed Amazon
So my lovebird was out flying around and landed on my Quakerā€™s cage and one of my quakers immediately bit him and latched on, he let go before it got to bad and cut my LB a bird. Heā€™s overall ok and acting normal, and we cleaned up the cut immediately with salt water and weā€™re on our way to the store to get some neosporin (however you spell that) and most likely something else they might have at pet smart. But I wanted to ask what I should do and if I should take him to the vet once they open since itā€™s Easter and theyā€™re closed today. Is there anything I can do at home or should I take him to the vet asap for antibiotics? The toe affected is only and barely swollen, most likely from the actual initial trauma from the bite as that happens to about any living being. Iā€™m not sure what else to do at home or if I need to take him to the vet and what signs theyā€™re might be that are signs he needs to go to the vet.

Jcas

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Jan 9, 2023
Parrots
Quaker, 2 budgies
Just keep an eye on it. As long as he is not picking at it and it doesnā€™t seem infected, foot injuries usually heal fine on their own šŸ™‚

Most Reactions

Latest posts