Any tips on Taming?

Ash_90!

Apr 12, 2024
Parrots
Quaker
Yoda is currently around 7 months. Had him around a few weeks to a month. At the moment hes only taking treats through the bars but last few days ive got him to come to me for his treats. Hes been out the cage but when hes out he panics and starts flying everywhere so im limiting the out of cage time for now as i dont want him to cause himself a injury. I spend everyday with him im always around him and then screams when i leave the room until i come back in so im hoping hes started to build some sort of bond with him. Im trying to get him to step up on a perch that i hold until hes not scared of hands as hes still very scared of things by him. Other then that hes a happy little bird who loves music and dances and trys to mimic the music when it plays.

Jexnell

Supporting Member
2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 28, 2019
Portland Oregon
Parrots
Phoenix - Sun conure
Take it slow, the bird will warm to you in time. Read to it, in a calm voice. Offer treats. Don't rush, if you do you could do more bad then good.

OP
A

Ash_90!

Apr 12, 2024
Parrots
Quaker
Take it slow, the bird will warm to you in time. Read to it, in a calm voice. Offer treats. Don't rush, if you do you could do more bad then good.
Yeah thats what im doing at the moment, im not rushing it. Hes alot more settled now then what he was a few weeks ago. So hopefully wont take long. Hes started coming to me for treats where as before id go to him so thats a good sign.
I always sit with him and engage his fav thing at the min is music.

Jexnell

Supporting Member
2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 28, 2019
Portland Oregon
Parrots
Phoenix - Sun conure
I had a lot easier time of it as I went to the bird shop my guy was at for weeks before he came home, so he was already attached to me per say.
20190904_160930.jpg

Most Reactions

Latest posts