Meet yoda the quaker

Ash_90!

Apr 12, 2024
Parrots
Quaker
Hi all new to the site 👋🏻
Pround owner of a quaker Parrot. Meet yoda Everyone.
Hes roughly 7 months hes settled in really well. Had him roughly about a month now. Just recently upgraded his home to a much bigger cage which he loves. Any advice for the next step teaching him to step up? Hes still scared of hands near him but hes started coming for treats from my hand instead of me going to him, hes also let me rub his beak a few times without biting hes bite me a couple of times but nothing major He loves music and has started trying to talk. :)

Attachments

• 20240308_163753.jpg
    20240308_163753.jpg
    343.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Love My Perch

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Apr 5, 2024
Parrots
Yellow Nape Amazon, Meyer’s Parrot, Cockatiel, Parakeets
Welcome and hi Yoda. He’s beautiful. I have an 8 month Meyers named Stevie who has that same look in her eye. haha.

Jcas

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Parrots
Quaker, 2 budgies
JJ and I say welcome to you and Yoda! Quakers are fun little birds. JJ doesn’t step up onto my hand but onto my arm; for some reason he likes that better! Maybe Yoda would prefer that, as well 🙂

IMG_0990.jpeg

cnyguy

Apr 23, 2010
Syracuse, NY
Parrots
Quaker parrot, Ralph
Welcome to you and Yoda. You might start out by getting him to step onto a spare perch, short bird safe branch or just a wooden dowel. That worked well with my QP Ralph. For a while he really enjoyed getting carried around on the perch just as though he were a king. But it didn't take long before he would step onto the back of my hand, and after a while he would step onto a finger, my shoulder and once or twice the top of my head.

OP
A

Ash_90!

Apr 12, 2024
Parrots
Quaker
JJ and I say welcome to you and Yoda! Quakers are fun little birds. JJ doesn’t step up onto my hand but onto my arm; for some reason he likes that better! Maybe Yoda would prefer that, as well 🙂

View attachment 58763
Thank you hi to you and jj to!! Yes agreed. He loves music and starts singing ( tries to mimic the sound ) and in presuming dancing on his perch when i play him music an
At the moment hes still scared of any one going by him. Im spending everyday with him so im hoping he gets used to me soon. Im trying to get him to step up on a spare perch to start with but no luck as of yet.

OP
A

Ash_90!

Apr 12, 2024
Parrots
Quaker
Welcome to you and Yoda. You might start out by getting him to step onto a spare perch, short bird safe branch or just a wooden dowel. That worked well with my QP Ralph. For a while he really enjoyed getting carried around on the perch just as though he were a king. But it didn't take long before he would step onto the back of my hand, and after a while he would step onto a finger, my shoulder and once or twice the top of my head.
Thank you! Yes i have a spare wood perch which im trying daily but hes still very scared at the moment. He loves his wood perches so im sure that will work at some point. Hes started to come down to me for treats so thats a start.

Most Reactions