African Grey beak

Alacranred22

Apr 13, 2024
Parrots
African Grey
We got a 20 year old African Grey. We have wooden floors and he keeps hitting it with his beak. I saw he has a break on his beak. Is this normal?

Attachments

• PXL_20240413_222227423.jpg
    PXL_20240413_222227423.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 22

Mya the ringneck

Mar 30, 2024
Media
Texas
Parrots
Indian Ringneck(Mya)
African Greys(Curly)(Sydney)
Galah Cockatoo(Max)
looks like it is an old break so i would just wait it out and it should grow back normal

FeatheredCdn

Apr 22, 2024
Parrots
CAG and Sun Conure
Looks like you have great advice so far. I just came on to say that our boy (10 yo) loves banging on the hardwood floors, too. At least he can't sneak up on us...he loves going after toes ;)

OP
A

Alacranred22

Apr 13, 2024
Parrots
African Grey
Looks like you have great advice so far. I just came on to say that our boy (10 yo) loves banging on the hardwood floors, too. At least he can't sneak up on us...he loves going after toes ;)
Yes lol same here. Now I also noticed that he bangs on the wood floor when he is near my hand and when he gets on my hands he starts to make his sounds and trying to hump my hand 🥴

GambotheGreyt

Feb 8, 2024
Parrots
Currently.. congo african grey
Yes lol same here. Now I also noticed that he bangs on the wood floor when he is near my hand and when he gets on my hands he starts to make his sounds and trying to hump my hand 🥴
Please do not allow this behavior. Look on the forum for hormones. You want to discourage/not allow this behavior as your parrot will be frustrated that you are not mating with them and they may get angry.

OP
A

Alacranred22

Apr 13, 2024
Parrots
African Grey
Please do not allow this behavior. Look on the forum for hormones. You want to discourage/not allow this behavior as your parrot will be frustrated that you are not mating with them and they may get angry.
I discouraged the behavior and that is why I came here for advise. I can't even get close to him now as he starts making the mating sounds.

Most Reactions

Latest posts