10 Day old conure issue

Conurefamily

May 2, 2024
Parrots
Conures
Hi everyone I am new to the forum, I have started out two years ago they had a clutch of four, three are still here with us we hand fed them this season they had nine eggs one broke then every two days they were hatching. They have their own room so they can see us, I put up netting to contain them the babies from the first clutch were helping with the feeding which blew my mind when I looked in the box. Today I noticed the ten day old one had a swollen upper wing, I am wondering if it got hurt from it being like grand central station in the birthing box. I took them out and put them by me keeping them warm and feeding them every two hours. Does anyone have any ideas on why it is swollen and can I put something in his syringe to help it.
Thanks in advance.
The Conure Family

OP
C

Conurefamily

May 2, 2024
Parrots
Conures
Hi everyone I am new to the forum, I have started out two years ago they had a clutch of four, three are still here with us we hand fed them this season they had nine eggs one broke then every two days they were hatching. They have their own room so they can see us, I put up netting to contain them the babies from the first clutch were helping with the feeding which blew my mind when I looked in the box. Today I noticed the ten day old one had a swollen upper wing, I am wondering if it got hurt from it being like grand central station in the birthing box. I took them out and put them by me keeping them warm and feeding them every two hours. Does anyone have any ideas on why it is swollen and can I put something in his syringe to help it.
Thanks in advance.
The Conure Family
My husband had read that they aren't getting proper nutrition so we separated them and are giving them Kaytee exact formula, they are getting rest they are warm.....fingers crossed.

OP
C

Conurefamily

May 2, 2024
Parrots
Conures
My husband had read that they aren't getting proper nutrition so we separated them and are giving them Kaytee exact formula, they are getting rest they are warm.....fingers crossed.
Not long after writing this yesterday we took the four babies to the ER in New Jersey, sadly they put them all down, they suffered from the time they got up thing got bad fast even the two day old baby was getting it. Soar High With God little ones, is the stone I ordered to place on their resting place.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Not long after writing this yesterday we took the four babies to the ER in New Jersey, sadly they put them all down, they suffered from the time they got up thing got bad fast even the two day old baby was getting it. Soar High With God little ones, is the stone I ordered to place on their resting place.
I'm so sorry for your losses of these babies, @Conurefamily. May their precious little souls rest in peace 🙏 🙏 🙏

OP
C

Conurefamily

May 2, 2024
Parrots
Conures

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
Wow, this was heartbreaking to read. I’m so sorry to hear about the baby conures. I’m glad to hear they aren’t suffering any further. I hope the rest of your flock is holding up okay.

Most Reactions

Latest posts