Help with GCC new babies

Enzosgreencheeks

Dec 28, 2023
Parrots
Two green cheeks and now two babies
I am brand new to the group and I was just asking a little bit of wisdom, my two green cheek Conures recently hatched two babies they are six and seven days old hatched on the 22nd and 23rd. Mom is doing a great job feeding the babies. Also dad is helping however starting yesterday she has been leaving the nest a lot and just going back to feed the babies. Do you think I should pull the babies and put them in a Brooder box or somehow try to heat the nest up so they stay warm when she leaves? I attached a picture of the nest and the latest weight of the babies.

Attachments

• IMG_2016.jpeg
    IMG_2016.jpeg
    497.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2118.jpeg
    IMG_2118.jpeg
    348.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2114.jpeg
    IMG_2114.jpeg
    313.5 KB · Views: 10

Conurefamily

May 2, 2024
Parrots
Conures
I am brand new to the group and I was just asking a little bit of wisdom, my two green cheek Conures recently hatched two babies they are six and seven days old hatched on the 22nd and 23rd. Mom is doing a great job feeding the babies. Also dad is helping however starting yesterday she has been leaving the nest a lot and just going back to feed the babies. Do you think I should pull the babies and put them in a Brooder box or somehow try to heat the nest up so they stay warm when she leaves? I attached a picture of the nest and the latest weight of the babies.
Hi we helped our mom and dad out with KAYTEE EXACT BABY FORMULA test warmth on the inside of your forearm like a real baby I put a heating pad on number one , a soft blanket and soft paper towels for poop clean up, that was our first clutch we still have them we are doing it again now with this clutch we use a clear plastic Tupper wear. Hope that helps.

Most Reactions

Latest posts