Willow update

There she is! What a gorgeous girl! With every new photo you post, I'm sure Willow can't get any prettier, and then she does. She is a picture of perfect health. Laura, you are doing an amazing job with her and it shows in every photo. She's a sweetheart.

There she is! What a gorgeous girl! With every new photo you post, I'm sure Willow can't get any prettier, and then she does. She is a picture of perfect health. Laura, you are doing an amazing job with her and it shows in every photo. She's a sweetheart.

You know Allee to younger people on the forum this may seem morbid and sad but I know someday (a long time from now I hope) Willow will lose me. I feel it is my responsibility and duty to her to make her so incredible that family or friends will line up for the chance to love her so that she will never know neglect or indifference. I made that promise to her and I intend to keep it.

You know Allee to younger people on the forum this may seem morbid and sad but I know someday (a long time from now I hope) Willow will lose me. I feel it is my responsibility and duty to her to make her so incredible that family or friends will line up for the chance to love her so that she will never know neglect or indifference. I made that promise to her and I intend to keep it.

Made me tear up:17:eventough I know that is the most thoughtful thing a parront can do for their babies...and Your baby is Stunning!!!!
Dena

I just had to quote this again, Laura. I was swallowing mighty hard the first time I read it. So eloquently said! So very true!! If every parront would live by those words, how many less parrots would we see being shoved around? My guess....THOUSANDS less! :smile015: (And I'm swallowing again as I'm typing this....darn tear ducts are acting up)

Wow, Laura! Willow looks amazing! She may actually be the prettiest CAG I've ever seen! And that shot with the out spread wings? Amazing!

Those toys look quite interesting as well. What is that color coded one with what look like spherical lollipops sticking out of jars?

And as for what you said about not having enough bird-savvy friends who live near you... I feel your pain!

And as for what you said about not having enough bird-savvy friends who live near you... I feel your pain!

Oh yeah...and what am I....chopped liver? :54: (Just kidding) My dear friend, you're a hop and a skip away, and ALWAYS welcome here (along with your entire family) :D

Wow, Laura! Willow looks amazing! She may actually be the prettiest CAG I've ever seen! And that shot with the out spread wings? Amazing!

Those toys look quite interesting as well. What is that color coded one with what look like spherical lollipops sticking out of jars?

That is Swizzle Sticks I got them from Busy Beaks out of Texas...let me warn you though it took forever for her to get that one in stock though she was very nice about it. I didn't like that she has a flat rate shipping of $15 no matter how much or how little you buy!:eek:

Oh yeah...and what am I....chopped liver? :54: (Just kidding) My dear friend, you're a hop and a skip away, and ALWAYS welcome here (along with your entire family) :D

Hahahaha! Well if meat is to be our scale, not so much liver as the tenderest filet mignon, my friend. But no, I meant like neighbors close enough to pop in frequently and play with your birds. That said, however, we are most definitely looking forward to taking you up on your welcome! ;)

That is Swizzle Sticks I got them from Busy Beaks out of Texas...let me warn you though it took forever for her to get that one in stock though she was very nice about it. I didn't like that she has a flat rate shipping of $15 no matter how much or how little you buy!:eek:

Thanks, Laura! I'll have to take a peek... though that flat shipping rate is less than pleasing to me.

I second the motion that this makes me really want a Grey! Willow looks like she has really stolen your heart and that is wonderful to see after a loss! Please keep the pictures coming!

Yup! I want a grey now too! One just as beautiful and cuddly as Willow:)

Yeah, about that cuddly part...

Ummm... Willow is pretty exceptional...

Just sayin'...

Tusk gives kisses, and lets me scratch his head when he's in the mood. That's about the extent of his touchie-feelie-ness.

Just sayin'...

Tusk gives kisses, and lets me scratch his head when he's in the mood. That's about the extent of his touchie-feelie-ness.

Yes I would have to agree with Mark, I have fed A LOT of grey babies over the years when I worked for my breeder friend and I have never seen one like Willow. Hence the reason I keep looking for the zipper where her grey suit comes off, now whether she will remain like this into adulthood remains to be seen. Her desire to have me pet her time unending I have never experienced with a grey...her response to my husband and pretty much everyone except me is very typical grey, as in stay away or I will puff up and growl and scare you away!

Willow is such a sweetie.

Your going to have a vey good grey there. I remember when I first held Greyson ( My Grey), just a few weeks old, 3 weeks, and have ever since.

This guy is one loveable grey, Loves everybody, very gentle with his beak, and likes to hand play, and have scritches on his head and under his wing. And he knows what that means too. I'll ask him " rub your wings??" He'll lift his wings up for me to pet.
He will put his foot on my mouth, just rest it there, and look right at you with the Grey serious stance and say " Whatcha doing boo boo?"... priceless !!!!!!

I would never part with this bird, Of all birds I ever encountered, this one is the most loveable well natured guy.

Your going to have a vey good grey there. I remember when I first held Greyson ( My Grey), just a few weeks old, 3 weeks, and have ever since.

This guy is one loveable grey, Loves everybody, very gentle with his beak, and likes to hand play, and have scritches on his head and under his wing. And he knows what that means too. I'll ask him " rub your wings??" He'll lift his wings up for me to pet.
He will put his foot on my mouth, just rest it there, and look right at you with the Grey serious stance and say " Whatcha doing boo boo?"... priceless !!!!!!

I would never part with this bird, Of all birds I ever encountered, this one is the most loveable well natured guy.

Your grey lets anyone pet him...even strangers? THAT I would have to see to believe!:54:

Just sayin'...

Yes I would have to agree with Mark, I have fed A LOT of grey babies over the years when I worked for my breeder friend and I have never seen one like Willow. Hence the reason I keep looking for the zipper where her grey suit comes off, now whether she will remain like this into adulthood remains to be seen. Her desire to have me pet her time unending I have never experienced with a grey...her response to my husband and pretty much everyone except me is very typical grey, as in stay away or I will puff up and growl and scare you away!

Yup, I agree with Mark too:) I have never seen a grey that cuddly either. I was just dreaming ;) He he:D You sure have a treasure of a bird there. I know you and Willow will have many happy years together and I hope the cuddliness remains forever :D

Last edited:
There are a few. We have a few on this board as a matter of fact...

But it's not "the norm."

Your grey lets anyone pet him...even strangers? THAT I would have to see to believe!:54:

Hi Laura,

Maybe I should rephrase that, he'll step up for most anyone, petting is for a select few that he knows. My wife can, My kids can when they come over, my Grand kids can. I guess once Grayson gets to know you he'll let you pet his head and hold him. He's not afraid of peoples hands. But needs to study you for a while to decide if it's ok to let people pet him.
He goes out in public with me and for rides, so people are not an issue with him, when I stop for gas certain people at gas station say hi to him, one actually held him on first try. Depends on him really.

If he doesn't know you at all then that's different.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back