Why breed the larger parrots..lets say Indian ring necks and up?

buffalokel

Mar 4, 2017
I'm 61, and a retired vet tech. I've been in the animal industry for years. To me breeding parrots is like breeding pitbulls. There are as many parrots in rescue as in homes. Probably only about 5% of people can honor the promise and commitment they make when they buy the bird. They are usually first time bird owners who of course want a baby but they know nothing and do a lot of wrong things that can cause problems. These people should adopt an older bird with known habits and personality traits. Some Bird breeders are same as some dog breeders. A border collie does not belong in an apartment and a baby cockatoo does not belong with someone who never owned one and is preoccupied with asking about birds talking abilities. If I read one more ad like this "Want to rehome my 5 Year old amazon. Having a baby and just don't have the time he deserves, or moving ,or new job..then having the audacity to ask $2500 -for animal with the emotions and smarts that be equivalent to a 3 year human. It is cruel and sad, and frankly disgusting.

Most Reactions

Back