what parrot should i get? (i really want a macaw)

Oct 22, 2024
Parrots
none yet :,<
Hello! i am new to the forums, for years now ive been looking to purchase a parrot ever since i took in some rescue parakeets (along with other species) in 2021, But have been stumped on which species/subspecies to purchase. Originally i was thinking of a blue and gold macaw, monk parakeet/Quaker parrot or most likely a blue fronted amazon. Although, in the recent months ive come to realise that the BFA may not suit my lifestyle/needs and since i read through the forums for advice often i thought i might ask myself since i haven't found any threads that match my questions. To start, i am willing to spend quite a bit to ensure my parrot lives the life he/she deserves, i am looking for a intelligent bird i can train freeflight along with a variety of tricks/commands. I would really like a bird that can mimic speech but don't need it, i have a preference for a large/larger parrot ( i just really love the size) My bird needs to like affection, i would really like a deep bond with my bird that wants to cuddle and go on walks outdoors (i really want to be my birds one and only) but it would have to be comfortable being in its cage for 4 hours while i work but will be out the rest. If you have any advice on nutrition or care or have a species you think would suit me better feel free to let me know ( and if you think a Blue and gold macaw/ Quaker would suit me)

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back