What I had forgotten about baby greys...

Look at her all proud in her "big girl" cage:D Willow is going to be one happy, healthy girl as she grows up!

Here she is moved into her modified big girl cage..

IMG_5860_zpskvv1772x.jpg

Look at that beautiful little sweetheart! They grow up too fast! It's so nice to know Willow as all yours, Laura.

I admit it is a lot easier watching her grow so fast knowing she is staying here with me. She is such an incredible smart little girl. She is getting little lift offs from the floor and the look on her face is precious.

The funniest, smartest thing she does right now is she knows my bedroom is not only where we work on flight training but also where she gets real big time cuddles.
It is safe for her in there, the rest of my house has pretty big windows that she isn't ready for. So when I take her out of the cage to clean her papers many times per day...she run/walks toward my bedroom, now this is no short stroll believe me.
She has to walk all the way through my very long living room past the front door entryway down the hallway past other bedrooms, bathroom and closets to my door. Last door on the right! Watching her waddle her big baby butt down the hall always puts a smile on my face, she also knows I will be following her. If I take to long she waddles back out to see what's keeping me. Once in the room she tries her hardest to flutter up to my bed where she knows she gets to cuddle up to mom for some serious head scratches.:D As well as safe flight training from moms hand to the nice soft bed to land on.

That baby is growing fast!!! Must be some quality nurturing going on!

That baby is growing fast!!! Must be some quality nurturing going on!

She does look rather huge in that picture but she was just fed so she had a full crop making her look bigger as well as stretching up as I took the picture. She is growing really fast though. It is still amazing to me no matter how many times I have seen it. When a baby gets all their feathers the mile stones start flying by. They go so quickly from a fat bottomed little featherless chick to practicing flying to independent. I know it's a big bad world out there and nature has designed them to move from helpless to independent fast to survive but there are daily changes in looks and attitude at this stage that are still a wonder to me. She is still on 3 feedings a day which I am happy that she is taking her time with, the longer I get to baby her the better!

Typically greys can be growl happy and a little fearful of new things at this stage in their development. Not my Willow she looks at new things with very little apprehension and within minutes is checking it out.

Last edited:
What a perfect, GORGEOUS baby Grey!! Of course that's what I'd expect being raised by you :)!

Oh she is gorgeous.... Absolutely gorgeous...

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back