Very close

beany

Aug 14, 2012
We are currently minding my son's 18 month male hand reared Ecky for the next 2 years.He is totally obsessed with my wife and wont leave her alone at any time when we bring him in at night for a couple of hours.We are now entering spring and he is getting increasingly friendly and more talkative and at times a bit aggressive. Is there anything we can do to so he can also become less of a one person bird?

To get him to want to be more with you, you should interact with him more. You feed him, and spend time with him without your wife around, hand him new toys, treats, etc. so he sees them coming from you. Also, sometimes have your wife hand him to you and leave the room. This shows him that you are accepted by her. It will take some work, but, he should accept you, in time.

I recommend sharing some meals with him,hand feeding him so that he can receieve positive encounters with ur hands.Also if he is dominant in 1 area in ur home,take him to a neautral room & interact with him as well.I invite my Eckky 2 take showers with me which has been very bonding & he LOVES it (dont know if thats ur cup of tea lol) Spend as much time with him apart from ur wife.Invite him to new places with u alone so that he can learn to trust whats familiar (you) to him in an unfamiliar enviornment.A little meal sharing goes a long way :) Best of Luck to you my friend

Most Reactions

Back