Training advice

Jul 23, 2023
Parrots
7 month old sun conure
Hi everyone!
I train my sun conure for 5-10 minutes twice a day (once in the morning and once at night). Last week I stopped training for a week because I was moving and packing and did not have time to train him. But did try and spend quality time together (eating breakfast and lunch together, running errands together etc). This Monday was my first time back training him and he did not want to. I would place him on his standing perch and start with our first trick we usually do ( A spin). But before I can give him his cue he flys away. Tuesday I tried again and he kept shaking his head no and then fly away. Wednesday we tried again at a different time and he would shake his head no and then mimic a laughing sound. Today I tried and he did his sassy stomps and when I would get near his standing perch he would fly away. I’m not sure why he doesn’t want to train anymore. I’m using the same treats. Same perch, and roughly around the same time we usually train. I’m not fully moved out so we are still in the same house. Is my conure just mad at me?! I want to get back to his scheduled training so we can have a routine again but it’s hard if my conure doesn’t want to. Has anything similar happened to anyone? Any advice or comments are appreciated.

This is the sassy culprit!
IMG_7659.jpeg

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back