Toy suggestions for baby Mexican Green Conure

Skeletongirl

Aug 24, 2024
Parrots
Mexican Green Conure
Hello all! I recently adopted an 8 week old Mexican Green Conure, Marley. (I recently DNA tested them and will know their sex in about two weeks! For now I’ll refer to Marley as “she”.) We started off a bit rough as I believe that her breeder didn’t handle her frequently outside of feedings, but she’s really started to come out of her shell and bloom! She has a variety of toys and from what I’ve observed, she doesn’t seem to care much about toys designed for shredding, but absolutely adores toys with sounds such as bells, and easily movable parts. What are some of your conures favorite toys? Made, found, or store bought! Mexican Green Conures are a bit larger than GCC’s, they’re closer in size to Sun conures, so I want to make sure her toys are size and age appropriate! She’s very keen on learning and exploring to figure things out, and I want to continue encouraging that!

Charlie, my peach front conure, loves to shred things. If he can destroy it, he loves it, from balsa wood to paper straws and anything in between! One of his favorite things to beat up on is a set of stainless steel measuring spoons hung from the top of his cage. He makes quite the racket when he goes to town on them, LOL!

Most Reactions

Back