Supplement yes or no..??

louise22

Jun 17, 2022
Parrots
parakeets
What multivitamin supplement do people use and how often do you give it..?? How do I know if my birds are getting too much vitamin..?? My birds are mostly on a seed diet. They get fresh herbs most days...cooked quinoa with peas and corn once a week, sprouts once a week and also have a foraging tray filled with dried flowers, dried fruit/veg, hemp seed and millet. They wont touch any other fruit or vegetables. They also get calcium supplement 2 times a week. They are barraband parakeets

Prime is a good brand. I've had success with it. Just sprinkle it on their food a few times a week, and you should be okay.

Personally, I would not administer vitamins or other supplements unless I was directed to by Salty's CAV. There is such a thing as too much of something.

What multivitamin supplement do people use and how often do you give it..?? How do I know if my birds are getting too much vitamin..?? My birds are mostly on a seed diet. They get fresh herbs most days...cooked quinoa with peas and corn once a week, sprouts once a week and also have a foraging tray filled with dried flowers, dried fruit/veg, hemp seed and millet. They wont touch any other fruit or vegetables. They also get calcium supplement 2 times a week. They are barraband parakeets
What I do with my birds is at their yearly check up have blood work done so you can be sure they are getting what they need. :)

Most Reactions

Back