Splish Splash - Oh Ripley!

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
This is an almost daily occurrence. I bring out Mr. Kirby, and Ripley decides it's bath time. Poor fellow doesn't get enough baths, I guess. :cool: (I'm being sarcastic....)

Pardon the noise, Mr. Kirby didn't doesn't have a 'mute' button. :54:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdhNeFHaEQ4"]Ripley Ripley Ripley - YouTube[/ame]

I love that beautiful boy! What a show off!

Poppy isn't nearly as graceful when she bathes in her water dish.

My "vacuum cleaner" bather is Lila...

I've heard all sorts of theories on why some birds do this... but none of them make any real sense to me.

Lila immediately gets that amazon crazed look and robotically heads for the water dish...

Turn off the vacuum she stops...

Start the vacuum up again, she's right back in the water...

With my red fronted macaw it's the sink. Turn on the faucet, and you have her attention...

Thanks for the love ya'll!! :D

It truly was a PITA trying to get this on camera. As soon as he saw me hold up the phone - he stopped. As soon as I stopped moving the vacuum cleaner back and forth - he stopped. I looked at him - he stopped. :54:

The only time he doesn't end up in the water dish when I'm vacuuming is if I forgot to give him fresh water in the afternoon. :32:

With Lila, I have to wait to change her papers until I'm done vacuuming, or they just end up soggy, and i have to turn right around and change them again.

Her cage gets done LAST!

You learn, and you work around it.

It truly was a PITA trying to get this on camera. As soon as he saw me hold up the phone - he stopped. As soon as I stopped moving the vacuum cleaner back and forth - he stopped. I looked at him - he stopped. :54:

The only time he doesn't end up in the water dish when I'm vacuuming is if I forgot to give him fresh water in the afternoon. :32:

Walk out of the room - THEY DON'T SHUT UP.

Walk into the room - they sit on top of the playstand giving you a funny look when you talk to them.

Walk out of the room again - THEY CALL YOU.

Walk back into the room - they shut up and lift a foot in the air.

WHAT IS UP WITH THAT?!

Someone hangs out for half an hour waiting to hear one of them talk. As soon as they leave...

Been too long since I've seen Mr. Ripley in action! What a beautiful mac, Wendy!

The cage size in relation to him is deceptive, though. Makes him look smaller than he is. Ripley's a big boy!

Mr. Kirby haha! :D

Raven will do that sometimes, but soon as I get him a bath (immediately after) he hates it. Go figure...

Well, your diligent efforts were definitely appreciated by me. I watched it twice and giggled both times. Ripley is absolutely gorgeous and a great entertainer lol, thank you for sharing :D

How did I miss this?!?
Ripley is such an amazing and beautiful boy, and hysterical as well! If only they could learn to run the vacuum as well.
Also a great example for people asking what size cages to get for their mac.

Most Reactions

Back