Soon to be a pionus owner

AD8

Aug 19, 2012
After very nearly buying a GCC or a ringneck, I came across the chance to buy a white capped pionus which are quite hard to come by in the UK.

I'll be getting it in about 4-6 weeks once ready to leave the breeder but planning on things ready over the next few weeks.

Is there any recommendations on food? I know out a nutritional diet and fruits etc. I was looking at Harrisons adult lifetime coarse as the food. Would it be too early to feed a baby on this?

Thanks in advance.

Your baby shald have been weaned and eating solid food for at least 2 weeks before your take possession of him. Dont let the breeder welsh out on that. THen once home, go about switching him over to your choice of foods. GO SLOWLY!!! Take a month or 2 to do this, maybe longer, because parrots are all too capable of starving themselves if they do not like the available food. Took my youngling over a year to recognize the pellets in his food bowl (among other things) were actually food, and he still treats them as a kind of snack for eating during the day; his main food is chop.

Most Reactions

Back