Seriously, how many pellets have you chewed on to get your bird to eat them?

my guys love roudybush california (the mix with the dry veggies) and zupreem fruit and entrees spicy blends. this pellet tasting idea has me intrigued to say the least. zupreem and roudbush smells good to me lol! i have yet to taste it.

my vet and the breeder both told me pellets are just concentrated seeds with a mix of other additives. they said seeds are fine as long there are other fresh foods. i give my flock both seeds and pellets and they all accepted it. my dove is the only one that i can't convince to eat pellets lol!

None. Yesterday I gave Louis his first pellets (he was eating only seed before) and he loves it, lucky me xD

We tasted the TOPS pellets since out of 12 birds not a one will eat them. They pick out and eat only the Roudybush but everyone leaves the TOPS. After tasting them we understood, they do taste like dirty gravel and cardboard. So I picked out for days all the TOPS pellets out of the Roudybush I had mixed together. Hubby said I couldt just throw them away as they were expensive, so I used my rolling pin and crushed them all and made homemade nutri berries out of them. The birds eat them now that they are disguised in with seeds, crunchy peanut butter, dried fruits and veggies, and agave nectar, ground cuttle bone, bee pollen, and some crushed nuts. My son even tried the birdie bread we make, as he said it smelled too good not to try. He said it was yummy except that the egg shell pieces got stuck in his teeth.

mine wouldnt eat them until ib ought my second gcc the 2nd one loved them so then my first one copied her and started to eat pellets only to

I recently put pellets in food processor and ground them, added some cooked whole grain pasta, pinch of peanut butter, mixed them up, rolled in to little nutri-berries size balls. Pritti likes them. The moisture from the soft pasta and the stickiness of the pinch of peanut butter holds all together.

I have tasted the pellets I feed to my newly adopted amazon, they are pretty good. He is eating Zupreem nut flavor.

Now this is interesting to me as I've been trying different types of veggies with SHUGA and as far as the feed I got when I bought her. Well the Pretty Bird is always down on the bottom of her cage or on the outside. Depending on her tossing mood. And the seed mixture she eats..she's just 4 mos and I guess finding what she will like..I have given her cooked veggies and couscous but that seems to not go no where with her..so I keep reading here all your input

God bless

Zeee and critters 3 & 1/2

Barbzeee,
When Pritti recently got sooooo picky with the packaged bird food part of his diet, I started to put a long tray under the spot where he picks up the various shapes of nutri-berries and what-not and lets 95 percent of them crumble to the bottom. Then I would take out the little tray and I would re-make them into my own nutri-berries. That actually worked - since the pellet-berries by lafebers are make of crushed pellets, i just recycled them while they were freshly crubled. i can tell by Pritti's crop that he was barely eating any of them. In fact, I thing he just liked them for the fun of holding and crumbling them. I always try to get him to eat something fortified out of pellets before his fresh food servings, because he'll always fill up on that and then hold out for more - so it's not fortified like zupreeem natural, harrisons, etc. etc.

keep trying different things that are sensible and healthy and safe.

'fess up y'all.

as for me -- more than I care to admit (although I don't swallow them). LOL.

:green1:

Hahaha. I've never actually eaten them, but I definitely have pretended. My little green cheek still refused to eat them until I broke one into two pieces and gave her one half. I think she might have thought it was a weird looking seed. Once she saw that it could be broken apart to eat she started chowing down on them (although nothing is as good to her as a sunflower seed).

None... but the vetafarm pellets just smell so good, I might be tempted... lolol

@WannaBeAParrot...you mean more like trial and error..lol. SHUGA is doing a little better now since I'm choosing things smaller. As I can tell you what it feels like being beamed by a grape!!!! I did by some tropical carnival by Brown's. but those are huge so again I'm back to chopping that up has all kinds of dried fruits,nuts and veggies..but still I'm giving her fresh greens,and assorted veggies...al these I'm sure she never got as being just off of hand feeding...but she's such a cutie now has starting laughing. Like me. I keep telling her we are learning together and she's really good about her cage time. And out time. So far..
I know I keep hearing how Utoos are the worst..but maybe it's the people who spoil them. Ad I can see how easy it could be..but I'm able to get my work done in the house and let her out a bit for an hour which I play with her. Ad then she goes back I without screaming. And I'm hoping we can continue that way ..I take her out several times all at different times.
This is really so amazing to me as I do notice how she'll watch me as I talk with her and when she gets into that wild routine. I just watch and she'll strut and do her thing. LoL. Goodness I just got off topic..but I am making sure she is getting a variety. And I guess I should weigh her as we go along

All help is welcomed.

God bless

Zeee and critters 3 &. 1/2

Not sure how to post pictures or video

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back