Separating flocks?

drrmarie

Oct 1, 2024
Parrots
2 parakeets
Hello, I have a question I can't find the answer to anywhere. There was a recent hoarding case near me where 40+ parrots of various species were seized and will be put up for adoption. Some are single or in pairs but some are in large groups and I was wondering, is it cruel to separate the groups for adoption? Is there a way to tell which birds in a group are bonded? For example the biggest group is a group of 12 cockatiels and I am thinking it's probably not feasible for them all to be adopted to one home together. What do you guys think? The same goes for birds at a store too, how do you know which ones are bonded so that you are sure not to separate a bonded pair? And also is it possible for flocks to become bonded as a group or even a trio, or do they only ever bond in pairs? This is the case: https://ktvz.com/cnn-regional/2024/...en-in-nashville-after-kentucky-hoarding-case/

Dear God, what were they thinking?
You and all who help are my heroes. You're wonderful and brave.
Your questions are huge and hard and may not have any easy answers, as I'm sure you've understood.
I don't have any answers, but I suspect that any way you can place, one, two or ten or more parrots to a caring home is a victory.
Thank you for sharing.

Most Reactions

Back