Safe, indestructible & re-loadable parrot toys...

ChaoticFun.com

Jan 3, 2014
My name is Dan and I am now a sponsor for this site. My company's name is Chaotic Fun and the website is Chaotic Fun We make safe, indestructible and re-loadable toys 100% out of stainless steel. Our toys are not only safer than other toys, but they will save you money too! If you have ropes or small link chains in with your bird, it's an accident waiting to happen. Our toys are engineered and tested on my own parrots to be unbreakable, safe and fun! They are made in the USA and the stainless steel used is top quality. All welds are tig welded with stainless steel rod too. Check them out and save money while making your bird's enclosure and play area safe!

If you have any questions, just ask!

Thanks!!!

Here are some pics of birds playing with some of the toys we offer:

photo 1 (2).jpg
photo 2.jpg
photo (32).jpg
IMG_4335.jpg

The last picture has a swing that is definitely not safe! Once they chew off the block of wood there are screws there to hurt themselves on! o_O

The last picture has a swing that is definitely not safe! Once they chew off the block of wood there are screws there to hurt themselves on! o_O

GizzyGirl,
The screw has a blunt point on the end so the bird can't get injured. It's not sharp at all. I've had these toys for over three years with my parrots without one single problem, and so have many other customers. :)

Aren't they wood screws?

Aren't they wood screws?

No, they're not wood screws... they are actually stainless steel lag screw bolts. They are big and I melt the end tip of the bolt so it's completely rounded off and not sharp at all. Even the threads on the bolt aren't sharp. The only thing that's sharp on that toy is the tip of the Hyacinth's beak. :)

Remember, no toys are 100% safe as anything can happen. The only thing we can do is provide toys that are as safe as possible. Avoiding small linked chains, ropes and wires is the first step. Even cages can be dangerous as my cockatoo has fallen to the floor flapping her wings a few times and gotten her wing stuck in between the bars of the cage! Freak accidents can always happen in any environment... the only thing we can do is make things as safe as possible and that's what I've done with these toys. :)

Ok, thanks

I have a mini macaw. Are your toys just for the large parrots or would medium parrots and large conures like them too?

That's a great question! While they are all designed to withstand the abuse from the largest parrots, they can be played with by smaller birds too. I would suggest any toy that has the wood attachment to it, or the Hanging Pyramid if they like to chew on things. If they like to swing, there are two swings available, as well as the Chomp Chain and the Chewey Chomp Chain. Chaos (my male Hy) loves to hang upside down by one toenail while swinging on his Chomp Chain. My cockatoos have the basic toy because they love to chew on wooden blocks. So it all depends on what your parrot likes to do.

So, whatever your bird liked to chew on or likes to play with determines what toy is best for them. And remember, once you buy it, it's there forever! You can attach anything you want to the toys. Some have attached apples, pears, bananas... whatever! It's entirely up to you. This reload-ability will save you TONS of money over the many years you'll spend with your parrot. :)

anything smaller....?? like- for my budgie. he wont be able to get a scrap off these "big boy toys" ;)

anything smaller....?? like- for my budgie. he wont be able to get a scrap off these "big boy toys" ;)

Sorry, I don't. My toys are focused on being safe and indestructible for those parrots that destroy everything and love doing it. Buying toys over and over and over again gets very expensive. With my toys, that spending stops permanently. This might be a good excuse to get a big parrot! :)

Hi! Would you someday consider branching off to making safe happy hut alternatives? (Ex. no fabric, just wood or safe destructible materials) There are a lot of toys in the market but there is a dire need among parrot keepers for safe sleeping hut alternatives. Something to consider I think :D

Hi! Would you someday consider branching off to making safe happy hut alternatives? (Ex. no fabric, just wood or safe destructible materials) There are a lot of toys in the market but there is a dire need among parrot keepers for safe sleeping hut alternatives. Something to consider I think :D

Is there a reason why people want these huts for their birds? It doesn't seem to make sense to me since the natural way for a bird to sleep is on their perch with one foot up and their head turned around nestled in their back.

I think a lot of captive parrots have gotten so used to it because the owner introduced it from the start. I think it might also stem from the parrot owner thinking of comfort in human terms. Example: Beds are cozy, I want my bird to be cozy too.

I think a lot of captive parrots have gotten so used to it because the owner introduced it from the start. I think it might also stem from the parrot owner thinking of comfort in human terms. Example: Beds are cozy, I want my bird to be cozy too.

Interesting theory. I tend to agree. The right thing to is to create an environment that is best for the bird, not for the owner. But people seem to do that all of the time. I often hear people say that the toys I make and sell aren't colorful enough. The people like the colors much more than the birds. I know this because my Hy's try to eat my silver laptop almost every night. Silver isn't exactly a bright color that attracts birds... they couldn't care less about what colors things are... only that they can try to destroy them. Plus, coloring isn't natural and can only be bad for a bird. So I keep the toys raw and as natural as possible despite what the people think is pretty. Those who understand buy my toys. :) Besides, anyone can attach anything they want to them and make them as colorful as they want! :D

Is there a reason why people want these huts for their birds? It doesn't seem to make sense to me since the natural way for a bird to sleep is on their perch with one foot up and their head turned around nestled in their back.

Agree. BoomBoom hit the nail on the head that it seems some birds were introduced to them at a young age and got use to them. I had someone tell me cockatiels will not use them. The green cheek conure I had was use to happy huts. My mini macaw that I bought from a breeder was use to laying in a hanging tunnel like hut. He either sleeps in the hut or on his highest perch. I heard horror stories about huts but none of my birds try to shred their huts.

Last edited:
I have a mini macaw. Are your toys just for the large parrots or would medium parrots and large conures like them too?

That's a great question! While they are all designed to withstand the abuse from the largest parrots, they can be played with by smaller birds too. I would suggest any toy that has the wood attachment to it, or the Hanging Pyramid if they like to chew on things. If they like to swing, there are two swings available, as well as the Chomp Chain and the Chewey Chomp Chain. Chaos (my male Hy) loves to hang upside down by one toenail while swinging on his Chomp Chain. My cockatoos have the basic toy because they love to chew on wooden blocks. So it all depends on what your parrot likes to do.

So, whatever your bird liked to chew on or likes to play with determines what toy is best for them. And remember, once you buy it, it's there forever! You can attach anything you want to the toys. Some have attached apples, pears, bananas... whatever! It's entirely up to you. This reload-ability will save you TONS of money over the many years you'll spend with your parrot. :)

Thanks for the reply. He loves to shred wood and I had a couple of toys that he shredded so easily. Right now I have a couple of toys that are designed even for a Amazon parrot. I see he is working on the wood but it seems like it is going to be more of a challenge for him to shred that wood and will take him some time.

Last edited:

Thanks for the reply. He loves to shred wood and I had a couple of toys that he shredded so easily. Right now I have a couple of toys that are designed even for a Amazon prrot. I see he is working on the wood but it seems like it is going to be more of a challenge for him to shred that wood and will take him some time.

I don't see huts in nature, so I wouldn't recommend using them.

If your bird likes wood toys, you need to see what I have to offer. Be sure to check out the website!

I like some of your SS toys for my RFM Valentino. He needs to be able to chew up the wood and destroy so some of your toys will be perfect for him. I also have to find toys that cater to his intelligence. Those are much harder to find and when I find a good one Valentino eventually destroys it as well.

As for happy huts. I never had good results with them. I only used it once on a baby Illiger's macaw but when he grew and became hormonal I had to take it away. I think its alright for a baby parrot is your house is a bit on the chilly side but not as a long term thing at all. Expecially if sexually mature.

I got my RFM in December at almost 4 months old. He was pretty much still a baby and didn't adjust to perching in the cage very well for the first 4 nights. I had him sleep in the carrier he was shipped in for the first few nights in my room on top of the highboy high above us. I then put a perch high up in his cage and tied a piece of a baby blanket to drape behind the perch. It gave him the security he needed and is no way near what a happy hut is. I learned RFM like to have things touch and drape across their backs so he is petty happy with the set up.

Here is a picture of his little security perch.
100_2502_zps262a42a1.jpg

I like some of your SS toys for my RFM Valentino. He needs to be able to chew up the wood and destroy so some of your toys will be perfect for him. I also have to find toys that cater to his intelligence. Those are much harder to find and when I find a good one Valentino eventually destroys it as well.

As for happy huts. I never had good results with them. I only used it once on a baby Illiger's macaw but when he grew and became hormonal I had to take it away. I think its alright for a baby parrot is your house is a bit on the chilly side but not as a long term thing at all. Expecially if sexually mature.

I got my RFM in December at almost 4 months old. He was pretty much still a baby and didn't adjust to perching in the cage very well for the first 4 nights. I had him sleep in the carrier he was shipped in for the first few nights in my room on top of the highboy high above us. I then put a perch high up in his cage and tied a piece of a baby blanket to drape behind the perch. It gave him the security he needed and is no way near what a happy hut is. I learned RFM like to have things touch and drape across their backs so he is petty happy with the set up.

Here is a picture of his little security perch.
100_2502_zps262a42a1.jpg

Sounds like you have your hands full with him! lol! He'll be able to destroy the wood on the toys, but he'll never damage the toy's structure. The stainless part won't even be scratched by him... I guarantee it. :) If you'd like to purchase a toy, just send me an e-mail with what you want and we'll go from there. [email protected]

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back