Pretty Bird Species Specific Pellets

Lullx

Mar 6, 2015
Central New York
Parrots
Nephele - Baby CAG | Genevieve & Phaedrus - Green Cheeks | Lucy - Lutino Cockatiel | Ludo, Zero & Anzu - Budgerigars
In the ongoing quest of making sure everything is insanely perfect for my incoming baby grey, combined with a food sale going on over at Drs Foster & Smith, I've come across a brand of pellet that I've never heard of before.

Pretty Bird - Species Specific African Special

I normally feed Zupreem Natural, Zupreem Fruit, and Roudybush mixed together for my smaller birds, and originally planned to do the same (or similar) for my grey. However, I learned that greys have different dietary needs from my other birds, and this Pretty Bird one looks like it suits their needs a lot better than the ones I currently use.
It's also a little bit cheaper, which isn't a deciding factor, but is nice!

This food has great reviews on the site, but I wanted to know if anyone from here had any experience with it :)

Last edited:
I have heard of it but never tried it. I tried several different brands of pellets and always ended up back with Zupreem natural and fruit, and they too, will eat some Roudybush but don't seem to like it as well as the Zupreem. I will have to see if I can find the Pretty Bird around here or order some and see if they like it.

I looked around the Internet a little last night after posting this and saw that this exact pellet had really good reviews everywhere. People have been feeding their greys this for years with no issues. Because stuff always happens with me that causes me to forget to go back and buy something during a sale, I decided to buy a bag last night along with the other foodstuffs I was getting at the site. I wasn't able to find anything bad about them. I'm more than likely still going to use Zupreem with LO, but I think it'll be good to have variety!
I also picked up a small package of Higgins Worldly Cuisines for my monsters. The ones you cook and serve warm. I'm so excited for that to get here haha

When LO is almost ready to come home, I have to bring some of whichever pellets I'm feeding at home to the aviary so they can convert him to them before he comes home. That's still a ways off, but I thought it was great that they do that!

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back