Pink poop, baby Superb parrot

ScarlettCrimson

Jul 10, 2024
Parrots
Cockatiels, amazons, Senegal parrot, aratinga, budgies, kakariki, Superb parrot
Hello, I really donā€™t know where else to ask.I have two babies. Superb parrot. Around 10-14 days old. Their parents started plucking them so my friend asked me to hand feed them.I have them since monday 8th July. But I started feeding yesterday because on monday they were full. Butā€¦ yesterday I noticed something red in the poop. just once. Like a tip of needle. I wasnā€™t making a big deal out of it. It was just once. But today I found this pinkish poop. picture. Parents were eating beetroot. But itā€™s like 48 hours. Could it be it? Iā€™m afraid itā€™s blood.
about handfeeding... Iā€™m not doing it for the first time. iā€™d say Iā€™m pretty advanced. But this pinkish happened to me for the first time.
also sorry for my english. Iā€™m not from England or any other english speaking Country.

Attachments

• IMG_8358.png
    IMG_8358.png
    301.9 KB · Views: 12
Also, in my country arenā€™t many avian vets... so idk what to do. I have some antibiotics at home. I was giving them to baby cockatiels. They had sour crop. But I was thinking parasites? Should I try ivermectin? I really donā€™t know. Help please.

theyā€™re gaining weight, yesterday they were weighting 80 and 64 and today 87 and 70 grams. They are eating pretty good. But I was thinking what if i like scratched them or something. Iā€™m feeding with syringe. I hope itā€™s the right word :D and sometimes they are kinda ADHD. So if it is bloodā€¦ could it be because I scratched them?

They look fine to me, but this is really scary.
Also another pic of their normal poop.

Attachments

• IMG_8359.jpeg
    IMG_8359.jpeg
    254.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_8361.png
    IMG_8361.png
    500 KB · Views: 3
Can anybody help? Iā€™m really freaking out :(

They look fine to me, but this is really scary.
Also another pic of their normal poop.
Hey:

I just went through something similar. You're doing okay!!!

Their poops are going to be affected by what mom and dad feed them. If what mom and dad are eating would change their poop colors, the babies' poops are going to be affected.

Get yourself some Exact formula and some dental syringes with the hook. Feed it to them even if mom and dad are still feeding them to help break down anything in the crops. Make sure their crops are not hard and if they are, give them a few bites of plain Greek yogurt that has probiotics or a spoonful of plain kefir--warmed to room temperature.

But if it is blood, you'll need to figure out where it's coming from. It might br a blockage of some sort and the probiotics might help if it's organic. But the only way to get anything inorganic out is going to be surgery or it passing. Their little systems are so tiny so anything could cause a blockage. And if your parronts are anything like mine, they just chewed enough to get it to be able to go down before hurling it up. They may have eaten something that might be sharp like pellets that could be sharp to a tiny, tiny system like theirs.

šŸ™

Hey:

I just went through something similar. You're doing okay!!!

Their poops are going to be affected by what mom and dad feed them. If what mom and dad are eating would change their poop colors, the babies' poops are going to be affected.

Get yourself some Exact formula and some dental syringes with the hook. Feed it to them even if mom and dad are still feeding them to help break down anything in the crops. Make sure their crops are not hard and if they are, give them a few bites of plain Greek yogurt that has probiotics or a spoonful of plain kefir--warmed to room temperature.

But if it is blood, you'll need to figure out where it's coming from. It might br a blockage of some sort and the probiotics might help if it's organic. But the only way to get anything inorganic out is going to be surgery or it passing. Their little systems are so tiny so anything could cause a blockage. And if your parronts are anything like mine, they just chewed enough to get it to be able to go down before hurling it up. They may have eaten something that might be sharp like pellets that could be sharp to a tiny, tiny system like theirs.

šŸ™
Thanks for the answer.

Today theyā€™re doing great. Theyā€™re gaining weight, they grow new feathers. Poop isnā€™t pink or red anymore šŸ˜ŠšŸ™šŸ»

Attachments

• IMG_8406.jpeg
    IMG_8406.jpeg
    464.3 KB · Views: 2

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back