Parrot tatoos

RescueMe

Mar 28, 2012
King George, VA
Parrots
"Sparky" the Blue and gold macaw, "Jax" Red fronted macaw, and "Little Bird" peach faced lovebird
Does anyone here have tatoos of parrots? I am thinking of adding some body art and want to see what others have had done. If your up to it, please post pictures.

I don't have any but I have seen some very interesting parrot tattoos in photos

I bet this one was gorgeous once it was colored

3576508647_3c9377c32b_z.jpg

The detail here is incredible

papagan_parrot_tattoo_by_tordah.jpg

parrot-tattoo-by-stephanie-tamez.jpg

I don't really like the style of this one, I think it's weird.

khalil_linane_parrot_tattoo_under-the-needle.jpg

I love the unfinished shoulder one. I agree it'll look great coloured.

I just have the one little tattoo, but I've been working on a phoenix tattoo design for a while. I've definitely given some thought to making it more parrot-like, or even getting a parrot tattoo. I've been toying with the idea for a year now and I'll probably not decide for at least another year! My current sketch looks like this:

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/9529/img88862.jpg

No..not yet..but I have my dogs on my shin. I've been thinking about Purl and wondering if I could get her done on my shoulder..since she's white not sure how it would come out. I should send a picture to my tattoo artist and see what they think...

Just in case anyone is interested here's the one of my dogs. I've lost 2 of them since then and it's nice to know they are always right there with me.
255473_4096845418929_1216651354_3774394_43737595_n.jpg

Last edited:
I love that greenwing!! I think that the full back piece could have been great, but the execution was poor. Purl, great tat of you pups, I have my first pony's name on me, I want to do a pawprint tat and a mural of all my babies, dogs, birds, ect.

No parrot ones yet but I do have one planned. I want a branch from an australian native tree(not sure what yet) with a pair of budgies sitting on it to go on my calf from my ankle up to my knee :) I do have a bird tattoo but it's of Drinky Crow lol. I'm also getting a beatles tattoo across my shoulder blades that will say "take these broken wings and learn to fly" with a black bird either under or over it. :) I also have the animal liberation sign on my shoulder and the word "vegan" down my ribcage, that's the extent of my animal tattoos for the moment.

I got Mr. Precious tattooed on me 2 months ago. Don't know how to post pic's on here but they are on my facebook album Tami Johnson. I think it looks great.

I just searched for a thread like this because i thought of asking the same question--if anyone has parrot tattoos??
I have no tattoos at all and i'm a little bit of a wimp (and a little indecisive--like, i may want one now and in a year be totally fickle and wish i didn't have it). I have thought of putting a tiny tatt somewhere out of the way to see what i think of it and thought of tiny dog paw prints or something with a bird. The bird thing makes the most sense for me really with my fascination for birds and their amazing aesthetic beauty. I saw some wild ones on pinterest but really, nothing that struck me as 'mine'. Maybe some day i will see something that sparks that YES in my mind and i'll get one. ;)
This one is so amazingly beautiful...not a parrot but i love it.
Song Bird "Free Indeed" | PARROT, BIRD & FEATHER TATTOOS

Do yourself a favor, before you take the plunge and get a tattoo, Think it over not once, not twice, not three times, but numerous times. Once done, it's almost impossible to remove, it can be done, but it's expensive and PAINFUL.

Next, if this doesn't scare you off, then look for a very small tattoo and a good tattoo artist that has good feedback tattoo you in a none visible area. If you can tollerate the pain then jump to a bigger parrot tattoo. Just remember, the bigger the tattoo and the more detailed the tattoo, the more PAIN you will have.

By the way, my 17 year old daughter wanted a tattoo and wouldn't let it go, so when she turned 17, I took her to a tattoo shop, she picked out the tattoo (small 2" square tattoo) and I told the Tattoo artist where I would allow it to be placed. The tattoo artist started working on her tattoo and within one line about 2 seconds, she jumped off the table and said "nope that is it I'm done". She has a 2" line tattooed on the back of her neck to this day that is hiden by her hair:) That was one of my Bill Cosby moments:21:

Last edited:
Purl you could do a white ink tattoo of you cockatoo! they are really pretty. I plan on one day when Im older getting a Lorikeet tattoo not sure where though.

Last edited:
:) Yup, i would go tiny and hidden if i did it at all!! And i love the plain black designs that are more abstract, and i know they are cheaper and less painful so my wimpy self would probably opt for that.

I have heard of those white tattoos and that they are considered 'classy'. hmmm

No parrots, yet!

1 Dragon
1 Lion Rampant
1 Scotish Clan Forbes crest
1 USMC Corporal Bulldog riding a motorcycle

More in planning.

FYI: Received my first tatoo after I turned 40.

Forbey

I'm definately adding a bird. I know I'm going to do a sparrow, but I've been thinking about a parrot. It would be a nonexistent parrot, just a hookbill form, but with colors I decide to do, sort of like a parrot prototype, or a parrot no one has discovered. Sort of a homage to all hookbills. Below is my latest. I only have 5 and am planning to stop after 7.

Last edited:
My sister got a tattoo on her left breast to commemorate our family's military service. It was an eagle holding a banner in its beak. Now 25 years and 3 kids later it looks like a really sad pelican

OMG...I just peed my pants from laughing SO hard!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

I've got 2 tats. I started out a bit "later" in life and I didn't start out small. I got my first one when I turned 40 and the second one 2 years later.

My sister got a tattoo on her left breast to commemorate our family's military service. It was an eagle holding a banner in its beak. Now 25 years and 3 kids later it looks like a really sad pelican

hahahahahahahahahahaha, now that made me laugh to the point my wife had to come in and check on me :)

Wendy ,so funny you bringing this up. In the summer [I think of Tatoos] I want birds or parrots going up my side over my ribs [ouch !!!!:)]

Akraya thats so gorgeous wow!!!!! one of my faves ive seen so creative :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back