Media
Malaysia
Parrots
2 CAG
6 GCC
7 Cockatiels
3 Love birds
1 Bulbul
[ame="https://youtu.be/idqzcKOsd0U"]Free flight recall with conures. - YouTube[/ame]

He was a bit playfully. He did something different from the usual routine.

Nice! Esoecially the slow motion takes! How long have you been free flying them?

This is so cool! Do you have any advice for getting started with free flight? I would love to start something like this with my bird!

Definitely also interested in this. Mochi can fly very capably, and knows how to "hone in" on my shoulder (or my head!) ....what's the process for teaching recall?

Definitely also interested in this. Mochi can fly very capably, and knows how to "hone in" on my shoulder (or my head!) ....what's the process for teaching recall?

This is so cool! Do you have any advice for getting started with free flight? I would love to start something like this with my bird!

I started with using a long leash. I made sure they adhered to what I wanted them to do. I trained them everyday for almost 3 months until I felt comfortable that they could be "released". Sometimes things didn't turn out according to what I expected. Patience is very important in free flight training.

I started with using a long leash. I made sure they adhered to what I wanted them to do. I trained them everyday for almost 3 months until I felt comfortable that they could be "released". Sometimes things didn't turn out according to what I expected. Patience is very important in free flight training.

Good to know. I'm sometimes short on patience! I'll work on developing a recalling technique that can be safely used indoors.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back