Not again! She's really a he?

strudel

Sep 30, 2013
Media
I just looked at one of my budgies and she's now got a really blue cere. I think she might be a boy after all. How could I never have noticed before? I wish they'd just stick to one sex. How can a boy go through life being called Miranda?

Haha oh dear! Renamed to Randy perhaps?
If it's a normal coloured budgie, you can sex them easily from a young age :)

I feel for you, Strudel. One of my white budgies, had a blue cere until she got older, then it turned pink. Pippin is now, Piper. Are you going to change Miranda's name? You could call him Ronnie.

you can sex them easily from a young age :)
SOME might, I obviously can't sex them at ANY age :D I thought she was older than when they changed colour and was sure she was a girl. I hope he and Dottie don't start doing any baby-making things. :(

That is rough. How about changing the name to Mirando. Reminds me of Rambo. No one ever said it had to be a common or real name. LOL. I think it sounds kind of bad-boyish. If he's got a bit of rebel streak I can see it working.

Mirando Calrissian o.o

Well, females can have light blue ceres with white rings around the nostrils. Have any photos of "her"?

I'm pretty sure your budgie doesn't mind :)

I always stick to gender neutral names to stay on the safe side lol.

No, he/she doesn't care, I just feel like a failure in the bird owning stakes. :D

I did the same thing with my budgie, Malcolm...who turned out to be a girl...I just call her Mallie now, which is terrible coz we already have Cally and Talli..lol.

which is terrible coz we already have Cally and Talli..lol.
I've got a Lizzie and then I adopted Lily. Even if I'm talking to Lizzie, Lily answers, she hopes she'll get something out of it.

Most Reactions

Back