Non Stick baking sheets

klnor

Aug 26, 2014
Parrots
Oliver Green Cheek Conure
I'm assuming that non stick baking sheets are bad since non stick pans are, is this correct? I purchased new pots and pans but can't seem to find bakeware that is bird safe! Does anyone have any inexpensive recommendations so I can start baking again? Are silicone muffin pans an option or is that also dangerous?

glass bakware is safe not sure on the cost of it though but I know it's safe and you can get it at places like walmart so it can't be overly expensive.

and cast iron is also safe also available at walmart. I got a cast iron cake pan from there but it was a bit more expensive because it was butterfly shaped I think it was like $12 but that was 3 years ago.

I have been using glass since I have lots of it but i was still hoping to find a flat baking sheet and maybe a mini muffin pan for bird bread. I have no idea if my current bakeware is nonstick so im getting rid of it all just be safe.

you can do a google search to see if they have cast iron cookie sheets (the flat baking sheets)

For the bird-bread muffins I use aluminum muffin pans from the grocers. They're super cheap, and can be re-used. They're not non-stick or dangerous, and the muffins pop right out with no problem.

Anything made of silicone and made in China should be thrown out. Remember they added in melamine into milk and that stuff is in their silicone products too. Not something you want to be cooking with.

Specifically for baking sheets, we use Nordic Ware aluminum sheets ($10/ea at Target) and just use parchment paper when baking on them:) Works fine and bird-safe!

I use bakeware from restaurant supply store. They are not overly expensive and considering the quality is excellent, they are the last ones you'll ever buy :)

I just got a set of 2 really nice aluminum baking sheets from Costco for $11! I can't remember the brand though :(

Most Reactions

Back