Albums
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Parrots
Charlie (M) - 23 yrs - Peach Front Conure
Redshift (M)-22yrs - normal Cockatiel
Moon (M) - 2 ys - wf pied cockatiel
Chara (M)- 1 yr - wf pied cockatiel
Vortex (F) - Hatched March 15 2024 -
Here's some pix of Vortex in her playcage. I try to give her some time in a play cage because my dog is crazy prey driven and would eat her if she tried to fly. Plus Winter howls when left alone for longer than a few minutes (which we're working on), so leaving the mutt in a separate room is out of the question.

And now for Tax:
Vortex portrait 1.jpg

Vortex portrait 3.jpg

what kind of bird is vortex again? looks softbill like a quaker but obviously not one. I'd say south american, bolivia or so something. Looks happy. Is he hand shy or pretty good?

what kind of bird is vortex again? looks softbill like a quaker but obviously not one. I'd say south american, bolivia or so something. Looks happy. Is he hand shy or pretty good?
Vortex is a White Capped Pionus :D. She is, indeed, from South America. They're native to southern Mexico and Central America. As for hands - she's not a fan of them (much), but she'll get up if I persist/give her a reason to step up. I've only had her a week and a half, so there's some adjustments to be made on both our parts :)

New Vortex Pix!:

Vortex calling.jpeg

Vortex on NL arm.jpg

Vortex from back in play cage.jpeg

as for hand shy I used to put on a pullover and cover my hands with the sleeves, its a handy trick at times. They just jump up, worth a try if you want to get them faster.

as for hand shy I used to put on a pullover and cover my hands with the sleeves, its a handy trick at times. They just jump up, worth a try if you want to get them faster.
I've been using a perch and she seems to understand that the perch means she gets out of cage time. Cool Beans :D ! But i'll definitely give the sleeve idea a shot. I have a few sweaters hanging around :)

Most Reactions

Back