New member! Here's my NEW BABY! :-)

MEYERSLOVER

Jun 9, 2011
Arizona Desert U.S.A.
Parrots
Princess a Meyer's Parrot
Hello all! My name is Mike! I have owned birds since I was 17 years old. I used to manage a pet store in Rochester, NY back in the early 1990's.

I just suffered the loss of my White Cap Ponius "Puffy". I had her for 11 1/2 years. She died suddenly Sunday night with NO signs of sickness. I believe she had a heart attack? She died in my hands, one of the HARDEST things I have ever experienced!

Well, god found me a new baby! It is what I call divine intervention! I went to a local bird store, and found what I believe to be one of the sweetest birds I have ever come across! They just got her in 2 days before I arrived! "Her" (I'm guessing she's a she) :p name is "Princess" She is a 1 1/2 year old Meyer's. After only 2 days, she acts like we have been together for years! She INSTANTALLY took to me and my whole family! I find her to be SO MUCH FUN to be around! :greenyellow: The first morning I had her, I heard a noise at about 5am. Sounded like a smoke detector, so naturally, I woke RIGHT UP! Guess what? It was "Princess's" wake-up call!

I know I will NEVER forget the love I had with "Puffy", but "Princess" seems to be god-sent!

PRINCESS1.jpg

IMG_6531.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum, Princess is beautiful. She looks very happy to have found her person.

Thank you!

What's funny is yes, she picked us! My daughter went to her cage, and she put her head down to be scratched! That was it, LOVE at first sight! :)

Last edited:
I agree 100%, when my Black lab of 14 years died 2 days before this past Christmas, I was so devistated, I would hardly get out of bed for like two weeks from depression. But my wife found Tiki on Craigslist and got her for me.

It seems like there is always an angel around just when you need one.

awww an welcome :) she is soo cute, but wake up call??? hummmm lol glad mine don't me sleepin in till gone 8 am lol

Love Meyers. You are very lucky because they are hard to find now days. enjoy!!

Thanks again everyone for the warm welcome!

Meyer's are now hard to find? I kinda thought so, because I didn't find any babies for sale! I paid $480, maybe a tad high, but I don't care! :)

hee heee she is the same shape as nut, an the 2nd pic when nut does that we call it the peguin :)

Where I was living at before I see Meyers all the time. They're very kewl birds!!! Beautiful baby you've got there!!! :)

I am sorry to hear about your loss...I can't even imagine how painful that was...
Yep, sounds like God sent you a new angel to love....
Congratulations on the new family member and welcome to the forum

WELCOME! welcome to the forums! Firstly Ouch I'm sorry for puffy, I wouldn't how I would feel without my Fid and we've just had 3 year bond, yours was 11! powerful thing must if had there.. But yoy can rejoice with the seemingly intersting meyer, and boy I wish mines adjusted to meas fast as yours, took me few months to break Dusky in, anyways this isn't about me, one again Welcome! Very nice bird too btw

Yes, 4 days, and I'm serious, it's like I have owned Princess for 5 years! She's that comfortable with me already! I can do anything, pet her anywhere! She's smart too! When she encounters a new situation, she learns in in 1-2 min, and then remembers it, and is not afraid the next time!

Our family is VERY lucky!

Sounds to me you have quite a smart bird, m8. Haha I find it great that I am one of the individuals that has discovered Conures to be great pets! I can't imagine myself a dog or cat person--Dogs/cats arw great don't get me wrong but they are not for me.

With a bird like yours, have you considered entering yoyr Fid in a talent show

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back