New Baby Nanday Conure (4 weeks old)

Tw123

Sep 5, 2024
Parrots
Conure
Hi I just got my Nanday Conure. He has not been weaned yet. I was told by the bird shop to feed him formula 3 times a day 9am, 2pm and 7pm.

Just want to make sure this is right because I had a scare today he got really puffy was bopping his head and his wings were all droopy. But once I fed him he was all better and “alive” again. The bird shop owner let me take him home unweaned but was willing to keep him until he was weaned. In hindsight I should have done that. I have been using water hot water from the tap and two scoops of formula. Is this ok? Going to by a thermometer tomorrow. (Also I have been reading up about the weaning process so it’s made me all paranoid the bird shop owner was pretty cool so I can take him back and let him take over until he is weaned. But is there any thing I should keep an eye on and or tips?

Edit: He also is very playful flys around is learning to fly and seems very active there was only the one time where he was inactive all fluffed up and could feel him almost loss balance when he was on my hand. But I fed him and he was back to normal

Last edited:
Based on everything I have heard, you made a good call!!!!!
Here's a thread that gets passed around here a bit...

I'm glad you're here!

Most Reactions

Back