new B&G :D

hsb_birds

Dec 4, 2014
Media
horseshoe bay, tx
Parrots
9 MACS, 2 U2, 2 DHYA, 1 CAG, & 1 SC. (plus 1 chilean flamingo & 5 sulcata tortoises)
yay my search for a B&G is over and it happened in the best most unexpected way :blue1: :D
as we all undoubtedly know macaws live a long time:eek: and an elderly couple has decided to go into an assisted living home which is sad :( and he seems like a wonderfully man but he can no longer have his 20 Y/O B&G with him when he and his wife move in so he is going to donate him to the resort and I will finally get my squishy B&G back :D:D wont be the same one I know but I miss my Ram all the time:blue1::( and I know we will give him a great home!!!! wetting and hopefully getting him today at 10:D:D let you guys know how it goes

Congratulations! Any thought on taking him into your "own" home instead of hsb resort? ;)

so we got him and hes very beat up hes a picker ...(they neglected to tell me that... I wonder why???) but anyway hes in a better home now and hes settling in so yay I'll post more tomorrow or Tuesday lol

So wait, is he with you (in your home) or is he going to be another resort bird? PLEASE, if he goes to the resort, don't forget about quarantine!! And have him checked out by an Avian vet ASAP, too.

We have a scheduled vet nail visit today, in which we've scheduled a wellness exam today as well. We plan on moving him to our other location, just so he's out of the way from the public (not that he's out in the public now.). He seems to be settling in a little better, still scared, probably hasn't ever been around more than the two past owners, and there's so many different faces; not to mention birds.

UPDATE soooo the previous owner came up today to get the crate he brought Rocky in and wanted to see him so I said of course and when Rocky saw him he got so pissed his face was bright red he was violently biting his wings and screaming...... So I don't know what that old man did to make Rocky hate him like that but now I'm scared he bit his wings so bad that it looked like he might start bleeding .

any tips ??

hes fine with mandy and I but when he saw that guy he freaked

well he insisted on seeing Rocky again and it wont be for awhile (6 months or so) till he comes back but I'm afraid we will get Rocky recovered and then he see him and relapse or something

any tips or tricks on getting his feathers back??? I want him to make a full recovery

update soooo the previous owner came up today to get the crate he brought rocky in and wanted to see him so i said of course and when rocky saw him he got so pissed his face was bright red he was violently biting his wings and screaming...... So i don't know what that old man did to make rocky hate him like that but now i'm scared he bit his wings so bad that it looked like he might start bleeding .

Any tips ??

Hes fine with mandy and i but when he saw that guy he freaked

i'd say we discovered the cause of the plucking...

Clearly, this guy was abusive to cause that sort of a reaction...

A little reassurance goes a long way. "you're with me now. You'fe never going back there again... !!!"

any tips or tricks on getting his feathers back??? I want him to make a full recovery

If he hasn't damaged the feather follicles, they will grow back on their own at the next molt, and if he was plucking due to an unhappy home, getting him out of the unhappy home, and giving him attention, and toys will help prevent him from continuing to pluck...

However, if he damaged the feather follicles, they don't grow back. He's bald there...

so I just need to do what we did with jekyll the GW that didn't know how to step up

towel him and build up his confidence ??? he is fast and like to lunge at the hands is it just a test to see of we will react or is it afraid aggression?

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back