Never been a bird person, but rescued an extremely abused conure today. PLEASE HELP!

Those toys look nice to me. Since the current cage is small and a 'temporary' housing situation, as not to take up too much room, she could put in one toy at a time and swap it out every day or every other day for mental stimulation:) I think those snuggle huts provide a nice option for birds. I would suggest a rope perch or natural over a cement if it's going to be the only perch the bird has. Those cement perches are pretty abrasive and a bird needs other places to stand. This bird is so lucky to have been rescued by someone who wants to help him!

Elmobird, thank God you decided to rescue the little guy! It may be an uphill road for awhile (with a bit of a steep learning curve), but you'll make it - and you will be saving a precious life in the process!

ALL my birds are rescues. Not all of them make it, if their nutrition in early life was bad enough, but most do. One thing I CAN tell you for certain is that your feeling that he understands you're trying to help & save him is 100% correct. It may take them a bit to trust you, but once they do, there's no going back! He WILL love you forever! (ask me how I know!).

WELL DONE!!! Keep at it, you'll get him happy & healthy in no time!

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back