My conure is trying to escape!

Jan 21, 2024
Parrots
Green cheek conure
My conure is very smart and observes where I go and follows me. Now, whenever I open a door he tries to fly to me. So today when I left the house, my bird tried coming after me and slammed into the glass door! Iā€™m very worried that if my family is too slow in closing the door, my bird will fly out.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! You're right, hat's dangerous. I congratulate you on the precautions. I'm notoriously paranoid, ad I hope t has paid off. As far as training about doors, glass windows, etc., how abut this...
I also taught him about glass doors...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! You're right, hat's dangerous. I congratulate you on the precautions. I'm notoriously paranoid, ad I hope t has paid off. As far as training about doors, glass windows, etc., how abut this...
I also taught him about glass doors...
Rickey bird is awesome! He deserves lots of treats. I canā€™t stop laughing at him knocking too šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

He thanks you for the kind remarks, I'm sure. He doesn't get many from my ,friends or family and is not very popular. That's why I love PF... people here GET him.

My conure is very smart and observes where I go and follows me. Now, whenever I open a door he tries to fly to me. So today when I left the house, my bird tried coming after me and slammed into the glass door! Iā€™m very worried that if my family is too slow in closing the door, my bird will fly out.
Agreed. Purchase a screen door.
2. Put a picture of the bird on the door where you open it.
3. Find all family members $20 for any unsafe behaviors (such as leaving toilet seat up).

I have the same concerns for my conure. I hear you. Is he/she microchipped ?

Vet told us to train our birds to fly down, in case they fly to a tree. They need to know how to get down. Hope that helps.

He thanks you for the kind remarks, I'm sure. He doesn't get many from my ,friends or family and is not very popular. That's why I love PF... people here GET him.
I am with Rickeybird. People donā€™t get myself, or my parrots either. I canā€™t even tell someone how many times Iā€™ve been asked why I donā€™t euthanize Nico for feather plucking, or why any of my parrots need to come out of their cage.

I am with Rickeybird. People donā€™t get myself, or my parrots either. I canā€™t even tell someone how many times Iā€™ve been asked why I donā€™t euthanize Nico for feather plucking, or why any of my parrots need to come out of their cage.
HOLY **************************** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, you are among friends HERE!
GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back