my bird tricked into wearing a harness!

brucey

Jul 2, 2012
Newcastle, England
Parrots
Georgia, my blue and gold macaw
I dont normally post on here, but I have always searched a lot for new ideas on harness training. My b&g isnt a hand rared, so Ive found harness training hard to do but today I managed to trick her into letting me put it on her, When shes in the shower she goes into a world of her own, like a trance. so I thought id try and put it on her while she was In there and it worked. She didnt even react, she was like a fully harness trained bird. It was a bit hard to do because she was sitting on my arm and I had to do it with 1 hand but I got there eventually. I Took her flying and she was a bit nervous but she enjoyed doing something different. Im sure in time she'l be more comfortable with it. And thats it, if anybody else is having a hard time harness training theres an idea!

Brilliant! I should try this with Avery. It's hilarious how still they go in the shower... my little green booger turns into the perfect jade statue! :D

:52: Wow... Got lucky there!

That's a good trick for birds who love the shower. However, if they don't like a shower, and hate the harness too... then not so good an idea! I'm glad to hear it worked for you though. :)

Ha ha I know she doesnt move an inch in the shower, I didnt even have to hide it from her and she hates the sight of it on her stand! Just a bit of hassle having to shower her when I want to take her out. I hope it works for yous, hopefully they will associate harnesses with going outside and start to like them!

Attachments

• 20140630_164730.jpg
    20140630_164730.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 110
What ever works! Problem solved...

See, now, my big macs go in the shower and dance... So do my amazons for that matter.

My CAG..... NOT SO MUCH!

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back