My bird hates me

CharlieHatesMe

Sep 29, 2024
Parrots
Green cheek conure
Hello! Iā€™m new to this forum but i really need help.
So i got my conure a few years ago and when i first got him he was still young and was also used to people so i had no problem bonding with him. I would have his cage in my room and would frequently let him to roam around in the room and also in the apartment. He would preen me, would let me pet him and never bit me. He also wasnā€™t the biggest fan of other people and would bite them. But then when the covid lockdown happened i needed to get him out of his room everyday because i had online classes and didnt want him to scream. Eventually i got tired of moving him everyday so i just let him be in the living room all the time (with his cage of course). And my mom really bonded with him and thats when he started hating me. He would puff up whenever he saw me and he would always bite. Now Iā€™m not home so much because i am away for college, but i do come home every weekend. Anyway he is super bonded with my mom and doesnā€™t hate and bite my dad. And Iā€™ve tried to make him like me multiple times and I feel so hopeless. He does take a treat out of my hand and doesnā€™t bite me when thereā€™s a treat but when its just my hand he always bites. And because of this i have no trust and i use a glove to handle him, still very restrictive because if i would to let him go he would fly to my face and bite me. If he is out of his cage in the living room for example and i step into the room he would fly to me to attack me. Also he really likes his cage so putting him there as a punishment doesnā€™t really work. So Iā€™m just hopeless i really want him to like me again. Any advice?
(I added a picture of him after his bath)

Attachments

• IMG_0143.jpg
    IMG_0143.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 0

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back